Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keithelrod

Celiac Issues All Over Again?

I was diagnosed 3 yrs ago with celiac and have been gluten free and well ever since. In March i got a stomach virus that was horrible. The vomiting/diarrhea kind. It lasted for days, not hours. Ever since i got over that I have been dealing with the same issues/symptoms i had before knowing i was celiac. Howver, i am super careful abt what i eat yet it feels like im on the same merry go-round. Could the virus have triggered something else? I am at a loss. I have diarrhea almost everyday, bloating/ cramping insides. Any ideas or suggestions as to what may be going on. Thanks.

Hmm...You might be developing new intolerances. But then again, you might still be dealing with that "stomach virus". There are a lot of nasty things out there that can grab you and hang on. I would see the doctor about this before doing anything else.

Maybe check if any of your regular foods, medications etc to see if anything has changed?

Do you eat a fairly simple diet? Plain meat, fish, fruit, veg might be worth a go to give your system a break.

Might well be worth a check with the doctor to make sure there is nothing lurking around from the previous infection.

I hope you work it out

And don't forget the possibility of SIBO, which seems to love to jump in after any ol' infection. The symptoms can be (at least mine were) quite similar to glutening.