Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kareng

Almond And Fruit Crostata

Not sure if this is a new idea, but it is to me!  Watch that the almond paste has no gluten ingredients.  I saw one that had wheat.  You could use any fruit in these.  It uses 1 tbsp of flour.  I would use almond flour or rice flour, I think.

The revelation to me - Using almond paste to make a crust!

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/Pear-Almond-Crostata-Brian-Boitano?printable=1

who knew Brian Boitano could bake? isn't he a skater?

anyway....sounds like it would work.,,, and taste good, too. (slurp)

that's a boatload of almond paste. yum

He had a cooking show for quite a while

http://www.foodnetwork.com/what-would-brian-boitano-make/index.html

Where do you find almond paste in the grocery? No one in the deli, bakery and meat counter knew. I'm sure WF has it and knows where it's located

who knew Brian Boitano could bake? isn't he a skater?

anyway....sounds like it would work.,,, and taste good, too. (slurp)

that's a boatload of almond paste. yum

brian boitano is a very good cook :)  i think he is adorable, like a puppy - he used to have a show on the food network.  they probably have some of his recipes on their website.  i think he made alot of small plates and yummy desserts.  i am a food network addict....

:ph34r:

"what would brian boitano do"  

I've had that stuck in my head since I first saw this. :P He would make a crostata.... obviously.

I've had that stuck in my head since I first saw this. :P He would make a crostata.... obviously.

i know it!  i was going to post the link to the song but it has a couple of bad words....  (hi.  i'm arlene, and i'm a cartoonaholic....)