Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bartfull

The Lowdown On Rice Chex

After hearing so many talk about how Rice Chex bother them (as they do me), I finally wrote to the company. They do indeed contain corn. So those of us with corn intolerances had best stay away from them. Here is what they said:

Dear Ms. XXXX:

Thank you for contacting us concerning Rice Chex cereal. We appreciate the opportunity to address this matter.

The Mixed Tocopherols ingredient contains a corn ingredient.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Amanda Peach
Consumer Services

Just to clarify- This product is safe for people with Celiac Disease.  Bartful has an additional corn intolerance or allergy.

I could not tolerate Rice Chex but came to know that it is because of corn. Initially, I did not have knowledge of all the many corn derivatives.

I also could not even tolerate honey and then found out they feed bees corn syrup often in winter months and it is present in the honey so I now use sugar or agave nectar. A lot of problems for me because derivatives of corn are in just about everything. There is a list of corn derivatives at www.livecornfree.com and you can click on a red link saying ingredients to avoid for an extensive list of them.