Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dfalca

10 Year Old Daughter Finally Diagnosed....

Ok I now have a celiacs child. Her tummy aches are finally gone 6 weeks after egd and diagnosis of celiacs. Gluten free diet did the trick. She now has chronic headaches. These are daily and and last most the day. I thought it may be something that she is lacking in her new gluten free diet but nothing has helped. Does anyone have this problem? Heard of this? Any advice?

Thank you

New to forum

Dave

I had a lot of headaches in my first few weeks gluten-free. I think it was withdrawal. If she has been gluten-free for six weeks, I doubt withdrawalus the problem.

Hopefully someone else here can help.

Welcome to the board.

Have her vitamin levels been checked?   I have a suspicion that my headaches pre-diagnosis and even a bit after were due to low levels of B12 and/or D.  Not a scientist, just a suspicion.

Have her vitamin levels been checked?   I have a suspicion that my headaches pre-diagnosis and even a bit after were due to low levels of B12 and/or D.  Not a scientist, just a suspicion.

I want to add that I really have no idea, and you should ask her doctor whether that's a possibility before adding in vitamins.

I'm glad she's been diagnosed at this early age so that she can have a happy healthy life vs the years of suffering some of us had.

Good luck at finding the cause of the headaches.

Does she drink enough water?

could be hormonal....could be magnesium.....could be withdrawal  ...could be psychological stress, what kid wants a chronic disease?  and, unfortunately, could be some of each! Good luck.

Have you had her thyroid checked?  My daughter use to get really bad headaches before she was diagnosed with a thyroid problem.