Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GFreeMO

Pain..question

My guts are killing me.  My lower right side hurts and feels swollen and bruised.  I was diagnosed with celiac at the end of Jan.  I had several slip ups between now and then.  Last week I was glutened by cc.  Had major D for 2 days and D last night.  Today I feel like a horse stepped on me.  I cant take the pain anymore.  The GI said that there is nothing else wrong but could be some IBS with the celiac.  

I dont know what to do at this point.  I am down to unprocessed meats, fruit and veg, salt, pepper and olive oil and eggs...Water and lemonade and mint tea to drink...nothing else.  My guts are searing. :(

I have also been running a low grade fever with isn't helping matters.  I have since I was diagnosed.

Sounds like you have a lot of healing to do, the longer you go without gluten the better you'll feel, getting CC is a set back. You might try cutting out eggs as well a lot of us have other food allergies egg being a common food allergy it's worth a try. I have read others having trouble with meat, lentils, nuts, dairy, nightshades, soy, etc. you have to pay close attention to how you feel and how you react to certain foods. This is a great place to find support and answers, I'm sure the wiser Celiacs will chime in when they log on, they all have great advice, just hang in there! Hope you find some relief soon!

Oh and I run a fever when I'm glutened and will be sick for a week sometimes longer...

My guts are killing me.  My lower right side hurts and feels swollen and bruised.  I was diagnosed with celiac at the end of Jan.  I had several slip ups between now and then.  Last week I was glutened by cc.  Had major D for 2 days and D last night.  Today I feel like a horse stepped on me.  I cant take the pain anymore.  The GI said that there is nothing else wrong but could be some IBS with the celiac.  

I dont know what to do at this point.  I am down to unprocessed meats, fruit and veg, salt, pepper and olive oil and eggs...Water and lemonade and mint tea to drink...nothing else.  My guts are searing. :(

I have also been running a low grade fever with isn't helping matters.  I have since I was diagnosed.

I'm so sorry. When it happens to me I'm in pain for weeks sometimes. I am so terrified of eating out now because of what you are going through. I'm even afraid of eating at my daughters because she really doesn't understand and I pay for it.  I only eat at home now.

I double up on my probiotics and eat more sauerkraut when I'm really hurting. I hope you are feeling better soon. Hugs.

Thank you both!  I am super sensitive and am reacting to lots of things right now.....and the GI said go home and eat gluten free.  HA!  If it were only that simple!!

Thanks for the comments.   

Keep in mind if you are new to this that gluten hides in a LOT of things. Read ALL labels and if in doubt, call the company and talk to someone. Most products havd a number on the food package.  I am going to start taking Gluten Ease and see if that helps me more.

Rotation, rotation, rotation!  All good advice from everyone who responded to your question.  I'd add that in order 1) calm down your body (inflammation) and 2) prevent you from developing allergies to other foods,  you'll need to rotate your foods.  There are plenty of four day rotational diet sites out there that can go into detail.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone.  Most of my celiac symptoms have resolved.  DH is just about gone, joint and muscle pain is about gone and no more bladder issues or migraines.  I just have this constant nagging gut pain and that is hard to deal with.

Gut pain is no fun...after almost two years post-diagnosis I am finally getting a handle on the pain I continued to experience even though I was strictly gluten free. What worked for me was giving up: corn, dairy, most grains (I can tolerate rice and small amounts of sorghum), any processed meats, egg yolks...plus anything with fat I can tolerate in very small amounts (as in one tiny tiny slice of avocao or 4 pecan halves) but if I eat too much I'm miserable. Drink lots and lots of water...that is really good for your body in general (my nutritionist and I had a whole conversation on drinking water when I saw her last week!)

BabsV, Thank you for sharing that.  I read on here so many times that people quit eating gluten and in 2 weeks they feel great.  That is not the case with me.  Some of my celiac issues have resolved but the gut pain hasn't.  

I am off gluten, all grains, dairy and soy.  Hopefully in time I will feel better.  I hope that I am ok with egg yolks b/c I eat hard boiled eggs every day for breakfast with fruit!

Thanks for the tip on the water too!