Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cgesundheit

20 Year Old Male With Short Stature

My doctor thinks I've had a gluten sensitivity and my height has been stunted because of this. He said height may increase. Does anyone have any experience here with a late diagnosis. Is there any chance my height may increase a bit? Thank you for any help and I will respond to further questions.

Ask your doctor to take an X-ray to see if your growth plates have fused. If they haven't you may still gain some height. Usually it is just an X-ray of your hand and wrist. Some guys plates don't fuse until their early twenties. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

I remember a guy around your age who went gluten-free and had a growth spurt when he was about your age.... I've seen a couple of posters say they grew.

If you are done with your celiac testing (if you are doing it) I think you should make a strong commitment to the gluten-free diet and hope it will work. A clean diet with lots of veggies, protein and fruit couldn't hurt either.... I wish I had known about the gluten-free diet when I was young, I stopped growing in grade 6 and my brother stopped at 14. Darn it. ;)

Hypothyroidism and low HGH could also low growth. It could be something to look into. Good luck!