Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mamat78

72 Hours Into Gluten Free. Finally!

well, thanks to no answers and not willing to wait for a new outbreak (they have been lasting 6 months or more) to get a biopsy done, I have decided to bite the bullet and commit to gluten free for 6 months to see what happens with my skin. 

I took a 5% cortisone which finally helped (took over a week to touch it) and now my skin is finally on the mend. 

So, I have been 3 days gluten free and feeling good so far. Last night though, I had a weird reaction and my hands became intensly itchy (palms). They were red, hot and so so itchy. Gone by the time I woke up this morning. Not sure what that was but all I had last night were some kettle cooked organic, gluten free salted chips. Weird.

I hope that my skin likes my new way of eating

Did you call the company to find out if the salt they use in the chips is iodized or plain? If it was iodized that could explain the itchy palms.

No I didn't. I have been reading lots about iodine content but was just worried about gluten free to start. I had it happen again tonight. I have never had itchy palms so it seems funny that suddenly, after 3 days gluten free, I am getting that reaction?

Did you call the company to find out if the salt they use in the chips is iodized or plain? If it was iodized that could explain the itchy palms.

I've had a lot of stomach issues over the years and it has effected my arms and hands on several occasions. Numbness, tingling, weakness etc. maybe it's part of the withdrawal.