Rate this topic

I am yet to be diagnosed...but so far my main symptoms are diarrhea after eating certain foods and now I have orange oil coming out with BMs, like literally someone put drops of orange vegetable oil in the toilet...it was very scary at first...but I am currently in no pain..no cramps or anything, just VERY tired and worried about why I am not digesting oils...   

Dr. asked me if i have pain after eating or cramping, blood, etc... I said no, because I don't...just get diarrhea after eating sometimes, not all the time, and now this oil thing.  I am going to have to go back for tests, but in the meantime, does anyone here discharge oil/fat with BMs? And where do i start with my diet? I am clueless even after reading a diet list... the first things I am cutting out are soft drinks and sugary drinks and when i go grocery shopping what can I buy? 

Thanks for any info and advice.

This is very commonly seen with people who have malabsorptive bariatric surgeries--like the Duodenal Switch.  Basically, it's undigested fat you eat.  

Celiacs can have fat malabsorption too, so it is definitely something to mention to your gastroenterologist.  

Just had this condition today, orange oil in stool.  I don't recall seeing this before, but have been diagnosed with celiac.  I have been taking an anal steroid for about a week now for internal issues, and wonder if there is any correlation there?  I really have not ate much fat content over the past few days, unless the gluten-free salad dressing I had today is the culprit.  It's a daily learning curve.