Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

turningleaf

Common For Ncgi People To Be Nutrient Defficient?

I am iron, B12 and D3 deficient and living with a multitude of gluten related symptoms.  I've been told that I'm 1 point away from being considered Celiac, but I haven't had biopsies or genetic testing.  I've seen 2 different opinions - can you have Celiac and not have one of the 2 genes associated with the disease?   Also, do you see the nutrient deficiencies in NCGI? Putting the puzzle pieces together is so complicated!   Thanks for any insight.

Yes and yes. There are board members here who don't have either of the 2 most common genes... can't remember who though.   NCGI appears to affect nutrients levels - I'm guessing it has something to do with the inflammation it causes.

Yes and yes. There are board members here who don't have either of the 2 most common genes... can't remember who though.   NCGI appears to affect nutrients levels - I'm guessing it has something to do with the inflammation it causes.

Thank you!  I'm very new to this forum.  Is there a way to have email notification on responses or an easy way to return to the forum and find your own post/topics?  I had to wait for my posts to be approved by a moderator and then find them again.  I'm guessing there is an easier way.  Thanks again

Thank you!  I'm very new to this forum.  Is there a way to have email notification on responses or an easy way to return to the forum and find your own post/topics?  I had to wait for my posts to be approved by a moderator and then find them again.  I'm guessing there is an easier way.  Thanks again

At the top of the topics is a Follow button.  You get notifications of any posts on this topic.  Also, in your profile is a notification section.  You can choose different options in there.