Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone recommend a pizza dough that I can order? I want to start making my own pizza, but I'm not quite savvy enough to make the dough from scratch. Any that you've tried?

Thanks!

we like these box mixes:

http://www.chebe.com/Products/Dry-Mixes.aspx

I have used the focaccia and the pizza dough ones.  I don't put the cheese in the dough.  I usually add some Italian seasonings & maybe garlic powder.  The easiest way to do these is stir them mostly together, then hand knead a couple of minutes until they feel like they are evenly smooth.  I put a piece of plastic wrap on the counter, then the dough, then another plastic wrap.  I use a rolling pin on top of the plastic wrap.  Then peel the top paper off, lay the pizza pan on top, use the bottom plastic wrap and flip them & remove the plastic wrap.  I like to prebake them until a light brown, then top.

These are really easy to make.

The Gluten Free Oven Bakery  has  pizza  dough balls...... Foods  by George  used  to  carry them  but  not  sure if  they  still  have  them...The  bakery  is located  in Pa...they do  ship, plus  they  are the home  of the  original gluten-free pepperoni roll...

The Gluten Free Oven Bakery  has  pizza  dough balls...... Foods  by George  used  to  carry them  but  not  sure if  they  still  have  them...The  bakery  is located  in Pa...they do  ship, plus  they  are the home  of the  original gluten-free pepperoni roll...

Oh my, did I read that right? Gluten free pepperoni roll?? :)