Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BelleVie

Nightmares/strange Dreams When Glutened

Just wondering how many people suffer from odd dreams and nightmares when glutened? It's been years since I've had nightmares consistently, but since I started a gluten challenge one week ago, I've had troubling/weird/downright creepy nightmares every single night. One in particular was so horrible I haven't been able to get it out of my head and get chills and the "yucks" every time I think of it! 

It's just really fascinating to me. I posted in another thread that my mother has suffered from night terrors for years and never could figure out what caused them. I'm almost sure it's got something to do with gluten now that it's happening to me too, especially with the seemingly direct correlation with my change in diet! 

I have horrible night terrors when I have been glutened ! I also become very depressed at those times. What makes it difficult is the fact that I am so strictly careful about every bite I eat! And I still. Get glutened!!

I had a similar problem years ago and besides the weird dreams at night would see flashes of light when I was in a dark room. This went on for quite a few years and was long before I was diagnosed with gluten intolerance. Eventually I read in one of my alternative books that the cause might be mold toxins. Mold toxins are chemically similar to the psychedelic  drug LSD though not as strong. The book said take increased Vitamin C - so I did increasing the amount until I had loose stools and then lowered the dose and kept taking it for several weeks and by then my symptoms were gone. It may be that you are living with mold toxins in your home and taking gluten foods that  contain  molds as they often do elevated your exposure to mold toxins to where your body could not detoxify them. At that time I was making my own breads and learned to put Vit. C in the dough to detoxify the molds. Over the years I've found some commercial foods, even gluten free foods, have contained enough mold toxins to bring back the flashing lights and dreams. I take my Vit C and cross that food or company off my list of OK foods.

Hope this helps.

Marian

I am to the point of feeling hopeless. Celiac Doctor told me to stop all food supplements. And I protested that they were all gluten free !

She told me they are all on the gluten free fad s they only claim to be gluten free.

I know I am not the only person to feel this was, but it feels like a very lone battle.

I am to the point of feeling hopeless. Celiac Doctor told me to stop all food supplements. And I protested that they were all gluten free !

She told me they are all on the gluten free fad s they only claim to be gluten free.

I know I am not the only person to feel this was, but it feels like a very lone battle.

I suppose they could lie about their testing for gluten or the fact that there is no gluten in their products.... Not sure why a large and reputable company would want to do that? Maybe some of these " iffy" Internet " supplements"?