Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

susan7fink

Constipation Then Diarrhea

My 9 year old recently started his gluten free diet due to celiac disease. Last week he was so constipated he screamed bloody murder and his stool was all bloody. Called the Dr who said he must of torn his rectum abdomen to give him Miramax. The rice the apples and bananas possibly triggered ...so added more fruit.Miramax. he had a normal bowel movement 2 days later. No Miramax since.today he has stomach cramps and diarrhea..I'm still at the beginning of gluten free and have been very careful. Is this Normal ? I also didn't realize that the dark eyes could be a symptom...hes had them forever..thought it was allergies as he is allergic to lots of stuff. Any suggestions?

I alternated constipation and diarrhea for about 6 weeks after I went gluten-free, and was so tired out after each movement that I had to lie down and rest. It improved gradually in that time.

I did take some probiotics too.

Hope he starts to feel the benefits of the diet soon

Poor kid..I plan on getting tested as well at my next check up..I had a hysterectomy in Jan ..depression alternate between constipation andddiarrhea...sluggish.brain fog ect .sincerity tends to run in families. Or just stay gluten-free and see if that works. His tummy still hurts up high and hope that goes away ..