This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Sports Drinks

TummyhurtsESQ

TummyhurtsESQ Newbie

I was a faithful powerade zero drinker for the last year. I seemed to do good with it. I had a flair, and thought it was the powerade. I switched to the Gatorade G2, and now I'm so constipated....

Any thoughts? Anyone know if these are gluten-free? Web sites aren't specific enough for me, and the most current post I can find on the web is from 2011. Anyone have any other suggestions? I like the magnesium in them, and I can't stand straight water.

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

w8in4dave Community Regular

I don't like straight water either! I don't know any info on them , just wanted to support the yukkk straight water :)

kareng Grand Master

What is the sugar substitute? I think thePowerade Zero has sucralose. I do well with it but some of the other sweeteners, not so good. Maybe that is the problem?

They are gluten free as far as I have seen by looking at ingredients .

tarnalberry Community Regular

If you feel you don't like straight water, I suggest three things:

1) very diluted juice - definitely cheaper and healthier for you than artificial beverages

2) TrueLemon - Open Original Shared Link, or one of their new flavors

3) consider getting an RO filter (reverse osmosis).  My husband is very picky about his water - he also generally hated water alone, unless it was the water he grew up on.  But we installed an RO system and he MUCH prefers the taste of the water now.  (I can hardly notice a difference at all.)

kareng Grand Master

If you feel you don't like straight water, I suggest three things:

1) very diluted juice - definitely cheaper and healthier for you than artificial beverages

2) TrueLemon - Open Original Shared Link, or one of their new flavors

3) consider getting an RO filter (reverse osmosis). My husband is very picky about his water - he also generally hated water alone, unless it was the water he grew up on. But we installed an RO system and he MUCH prefers the taste of the water now. (I can hardly notice a difference at all.)

Good ideas!

When my boys were young, they didn't want water. They wanted Gatorade or juice. They loved putting a little lemon or lime juice in the water. Maybe you would like that?

I will look for this true lemon stuff!

myself I don't like to drink a bunch of juice and stuff because of the Calories, now watering it down is a great idea!! I tried the water filter stuff and to me it makes water taste worse!! Now there is a bottled water I do like I don't remember the name.  I don't drink water like half the country does. Heck my friend has a bottle of water with her constantly!! I am really??? If your that thirsty you have to carry water with you all the time. You need to go see a Dr. I do remember one time she told her Dr. She has to p all the time. He asked her how much water she drank, she said ohhh about a gallon, the Dr. Said why? She just shrugged her shoulders. 

bartfull Rising Star

Other than coffee, water is all I drink. I had good well water when I lived in Connecticut, but out here the water is so full of minerals that not only does it taste bad, but if you make coffee with it twice, your coffee maker will be plugged up. I drink RO water now and it's good. Right now I buy it at the grocery store but someday I will get a system installed under my sink.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

myself I don't like to drink a bunch of juice and stuff because of the Calories, now watering it down is a great idea!! I tried the water filter stuff and to me it makes water taste worse!! Now there is a bottled water I do like I don't remember the name.  I don't drink water like half the country does. Heck my friend has a bottle of water with her constantly!! I am really??? If your that thirsty you have to carry water with you all the time. You need to go see a Dr. I do remember one time she told her Dr. She has to p all the time. He asked her how much water she drank, she said ohhh about a gallon, the Dr. Said why? She just shrugged her shoulders. 

When you say "I tried the water filter stuff", what do you mean?  If you tried a charcol water filter, that is aboslutely entirely different than an RO filter (which requires at least two cartriges and tends to be hooked up under a sink as it requires sufficient water pressure to pass through the membrane filter).  If you found a bottled water acceptable, there's a good chance that RO water might work for you, or it's a mineral balance issue.

When you say "I tried the water filter stuff", what do you mean?  If you tried a charcol water filter, that is aboslutely entirely different than an RO filter (which requires at least two cartriges and tends to be hooked up under a sink as it requires sufficient water pressure to pass through the membrane filter).  If you found a bottled water acceptable, there's a good chance that RO water might work for you, or it's a mineral balance issue.

We had a water filter fitted to the end of our faucet, I couldn't stand the taste! I took it off 3 days after it was put on. It might of been Charcol. It was years ago ... 1 of our problems is we have VERY hard water!! it ruins everything!! I know people will say get a softner, but it won't work, neighbors get one and a year later they have to get a new one! Our water id that hard. SO getting  somethingthat our water runs thru will only ruin it! We have to change our faucets every year! It's horrid stuff!!

bartfull Rising Star

The water here is also EXTREMELY hard. But a lot of people have RO systems under their sinks. It is totally different from those filters you put on your faucet and totally different from a water softener. Most people I know have had theirs for years and depending on how much water you use, you only have to change the membranes once a year or less. The grocery stores even have machines and charge 50 cents a gallon. EVERYBODY here who doesn't have an RO system under the sink uses  the ones at the store. When you buy a gallon of water (indeed, even when you buy individual servings), unless it says "Spring water", what you are getting is RO water. As a matter of fact, some that claim to be spring water are actually RO water. It's delicious, it is cheap (after the initial investment) and it's good for you.

Yeah, you can't compare carbon filters to an RO system.  They are entirely different.  You can replace cartriges regularly, but you don't have to.  And it will get rid of the taste of the excess minerals in the water.

At the least, I strongly encourage you to look into it, and not dismiss it based on your experience with a totally different type of technology.

OK I think I know what your talking about now :) My BIL has one !! He (Poor guy) I blamed his water on my restroom problems when we ate over to his house. Anyhoo he got one of those! I do NOT drink his water it is sulfur water!! Stinks like eggs!! Blekk!! He got one of those things and actually his house doesn't stink anymore!! 

Archived