Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wmramsel

Promising Scope...waiting On Bloodwork

We did the scope and biopsy and blood work.  The GI said that he did not see any damage to her villi, but he qualified that by saying he wasn't surprised because she is so young and has been off of gluten most of her life.  He said it will be the blood work and biopsy that really show if she is Celiac.  He said he thinks she definitely had a gluten problem (obviously).  

Meanwhile, she got glutoned somehow yesterday and threw up today and have multiple gross poops.  The only thing I can think of is the restaurant we went to yesterday that claimed their gluten free fair was prepared and cooked separately.  **Sigh**

Oy. Sorry she got glutened yesterday! :(

Hope you get some answers from this!

I'm really beginning to stress out about my little guy's endoscope tomorrow. And the afterwards when I have to actually start with the gluten free diet. My menu planning skills absolutely stink. :/ My brain has just shut down and I'm no longer thinking clearly about food. *sigh* Like right now, I can't for the life of me figure out what to feed my family for lunch when we go gluten free. No real reason...I know there is plenty but I'm just coming up blank.

It would help if my kids weren't all so picky. This is going to be a rough road in the beginning.

Anyway...sorry for that little rant. I'm frustrated to the point of tears and should really just walk away from trying to figure this all out right now but I know it isn't going to be any easier tomorrow or the next day. Sure which I had better planning skills!

Oy. Sorry she got glutened yesterday! :(

Hope you get some answers from this!

I'm really beginning to stress out about my little guy's endoscope tomorrow. And the afterwards when I have to actually start with the gluten free diet. My menu planning skills absolutely stink. :/ My brain has just shut down and I'm no longer thinking clearly about food. *sigh* Like right now, I can't for the life of me figure out what to feed my family for lunch when we go gluten free. No real reason...I know there is plenty but I'm just coming up blank.

It would help if my kids weren't all so picky. This is going to be a rough road in the beginning.

Anyway...sorry for that little rant. I'm frustrated to the point of tears and should really just walk away from trying to figure this all out right now but I know it isn't going to be any easier tomorrow or the next day. Sure which I had better planning skills!

look in the cooking and baking forum - maybe you will find some ideas - or post your own thread about lunch ideas for kids :)  we have a bunch of people on here who like to play with their food!  you will do fine feeding them, it's just a little much in the beginning.  

and there's no such thing as an 'unnecessary rant' around here - all rants are valid! lolz - i throw even myself a pity party every now and again.  good luck with the 'scope' - one step at a time.  you're the mama, you can do it!!

look in the cooking and baking forum - maybe you will find some ideas - or post your own thread about lunch ideas for kids :)  we have a bunch of people on here who like to play with their food!  you will do fine feeding them, it's just a little much in the beginning.  

and there's no such thing as an 'unnecessary rant' around here - all rants are valid! lolz - i throw even myself a pity party every now and again.  good luck with the 'scope' - one step at a time.  you're the mama, you can do it!!

Thanks! I've been trying to stay positive about all this because my youngest is really very good at reading me and I didn't want him worrying any more than he already was. Poor kid has been terrified that they were going to cut open his stomach and I don't know where he got that from. :(

I will probably post my own thread about food for kids....I just keep running into small recipes that only feed one or two and there are 5 of us here and one is a bottomless pit of a teenage boy! I will keep plugging away at it and figure it out....my brain is just done for a while. Don't think it helps that I'm sick on top of it. Still fighting off the cold I caught after we got strep...good grief.

Sorry WM for hijacking your thread though.

Thanks! I've been trying to stay positive about all this because my youngest is really very good at reading me and I didn't want him worrying any more than he already was. Poor kid has been terrified that they were going to cut open his stomach and I don't know where he got that from. :(

I will probably post my own thread about food for kids....I just keep running into small recipes that only feed one or two and there are 5 of us here and one is a bottomless pit of a teenage boy! I will keep plugging away at it and figure it out....my brain is just done for a while. Don't think it helps that I'm sick on top of it. Still fighting off the cold I caught after we got strep...good grief.

Sorry WM for hijacking your thread though.

DON"T APOLOGIZE!!  Seriously, this is all so stressful and confusing.  I worked on it an hour or so a day.  We are probably going gluten free as a household when we get back from vacation.  It doesn't help that my MIL thinks she is "helping" when she buys junk food that says gluten-free on it.  I wouldn't let her eat this crap anyway!!!  Ugh. 

Oh yeah...my MIL is the same way and my stepmom. The only one that really seems to listen at all is my mom. *sigh*

My dad keeps telling me it's not going to be a big deal because there's so many restaurants that offer gluten free (and yes there are quite a few) but so far only one of them that I know of has dedicated space or way of keeping away the cc and that's Chuck E Cheese. Oy. He isn't really getting the cc part of it all. But at least he isn't looking at me like I'm nuts with this one like he did when my oldest  boy was diagnosed with ADHD.

Fun stuff I tell ya. Thanks for the replies and understanding. :)

The endoscope is way worse for us a parents. The just go to sleep and it only takes about 15 mins.

It really is not bad

It really wasn't. And it was barely 15 minutes! They told us we had half an hour so we went to eat (since we didn't eat anything as the little guy wasn't allowed to) and all we did was go to the hospital cafeteria! Got back and they were cranky that we had left the room! Good grief. We were only gone for 20 minutes! Oy. Still waiting on the results. Hopefully the nurse calls me tomorrow with them...we have an appointment with the GI doc on Friday to go over them but they said they'd call as soon as they got the results so I didn't have to worry about them all week.

I just had no idea what to expect. My husband had an endoscope done several years ago, but I know things are always different for kids than they are for adults and I couldn't remember if my husband was in any pain or anything afterwards. All I can remember is how loopy he was from the medications they give the adults. :)