Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

littlemann1

Found This Article.. Found Interesting

So I have still not found an answer for my sons digestive issues. He is doing alot better gluten free except for 2 days ago he had a bout of diarrhea then a day of pale poops following it. ( maybe some unknown source of gluten) as I am new to gluten free. Anyways I found this article about parasites interesting. About them raising IGA levels....

"14) Immune Dysfunction

Oftentimes, when you have a parasite living inside of you, it will leech vital nutrients from the body, forcing the immune system to operate with a poor supply of vitamins, minerals, and energy sources. Parasites also stimulate the production of immunoglobulin A, which is a defender against foreign substances. Over time, this over stimulation can exhaust the body’s supply of immunoglobulin A, leaving the body susceptible to attacks from bacteria, yeast, fungus, virus, and other foreign invaders. " http://www.parasite-cleanse.com/intestinal-parasite-symptoms.html

I don't know about parasites but did notice prominent sponsorship by a company selling supplements.

I would want to check the information against other sources.

Did you manage to get a celiac panel done?

I hope you find answers for your little one

Another thought for you to consider... many with celiac/gluten intolerance have an issue digesting dairy - likely a staple in your little man's diet. My Tommy was a huge milk drinker but celiac damaged the villi in the intestine making him intolerant to dairy. I've been told that he may outgrow this (with healing), he's able to digest a little dairy without a problem, a glass of milk will give him tummy troubles. It's hard to take milk from a baby but gluten-dairy problems aften go hand in hand. We transitioned to Almond Milk quite easily. Something to consider.