Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sfc83

Marshmallow Root/slippery Elm

I have been reading about the benefits of Slippery Elm and Marshmallow Root for gut healing, and I was wondering if anyone on this forum can comment on whether using these herbs has been worthwhile. Also, if you have used them and had good results, what are some good gluten free brands?

I can't speak much about slippery elm for gut problems as I've never suffered that bad although when I used it, it did give my stomach a definite calming feeling but I didnt know I was celiac then. Also it helped with gerd.

I used it about a year ago for my paralysed vocal cord and for respiritory issues and thought it was amazing. I'm also pretty sure it helped keep me relaxed too.

I used Good'n Natural slippery elm bark and emptied 2 capsules into boiling water and just drank a couple of cups a day but I suppose you could just swallow the capsules.

You'll find some good tips here:-

http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/101881-how-to-heal-leaky-gut/?fromsearch=1

Thanks for your reply! The link you sent was very helpful.

I can't speak much about slippery elm for gut problems as I've never suffered that bad although when I used it, it did give my stomach a definite calming feeling but I didnt know I was celiac then. Also it helped with gerd.

I used it about a year ago for my paralysed vocal cord and for respiritory issues and thought it was amazing. I'm also pretty sure it helped keep me relaxed too.

I used Good'n Natural slippery elm bark and emptied 2 capsules into boiling water and just drank a couple of cups a day but I suppose you could just swallow the capsules.

You'll find some good tips here:-
http://www.celiac.com/gluten-free/topic/101881-how-to-heal-leaky-gut/?fromsearch=1

I used marshmallow herbs capsules and it was one of the things that could give me some energy before I knew to go gluten free.   I have been thinking of using them for a little while after my body settles down on food reactionsSince, I used the marshmallow, at some of my lowest points, with no relief anymore, I think it probable I became intolerant to them. 

D