Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GlutenStinks15

Got Glutened :(

For the first time since my diagnosis I got glutened. Trouble is that I can't seem to figure out what got me. I'm hoping you all can help me.

Yesterday I had a Think Thin bar for breakfast (I've been having those for months with no issues.)

For lunch I had a fruit salad made by me - canteloupe and honeydew melon.

I snacked on some Glutino Gluten free pretzels.

For dinner I had some Archer Farms gluten free pasta with Ragu Classic lite Alfredo sauce.

I've been having all of these things with no issues.

Then I had 3 Krinos Kalamata olives. All of my research indicated that these did not contain gluten - but it was the only new thing I added.

Have any of you eaten those olives and had any reaction?

Please let me know.

Thankfully the pepto bismol is working wonders on my stomach right now....

It is hard to pinpoint what the culprit is, but it seems that most of your meals include gluten-free processed foods or ones (such as the olives) which were prepared in an environment that might not be 100%. Each one of them on it's own might not cause a reaction, but add each of them to the other in single day and you might have exceeded 10-20 ppm of gluten in one day, which will cause a reaction. There was a page I saw once that talked about this. I don't remember the address but you can try to google it.

Try only one single new food that you have never tried before in every one to two days (to allow a margin big enough which will indicate what caused the reaction). That way you eliminate having to test them all yet another time, or depriving yourself from all of them completely. 

Thanks for your reply. I wonder if the olives just put me over the top. I've never been super sensitive, and have had all of the other things with no issues. I'm just frustrated, but thanks for your response.

Thanks for your reply. I wonder if the olives just put me over the top. I've never been super sensitive, and have had all of the other things with no issues. I'm just frustrated, but thanks for your response.

I'm sorry for not being helpful and that you're feeling bad. Hope you figure it out