glutenfreelizzy

I'm 28 Years Old...my Boobs Are Growing?

Rate this topic

Hello-

I have gone gluten-free since the middle of February 2013, since I was diagnosed. Needless to say I went from shock to depression to angry, to now I'm just happy to eat what I can. The last few months, I noticed that my boobs have gotten bigger and it seems like it hasn't stopped (but I gradually noticed the difference). Even my husband noticed it. I am not really a busty person at all, but I just got measured and sure it enough the cup size (not the band size) had gone up. Has anyone else had this after going gluten free? I also went off Depo-Provera in October (that's when I was due for the last shot and didn't get it) and got an implant instead. (So no, I can't possibly be pregnant.) At first I thought, oh no, I have a pituitary adenoma! I have cancer! But I want to know if anyone else out there has had this symptom after going gluten free? If so, does anyone know what would cause it? Do I need to sell all my VS bras and get new ones :( or will they go back down so I don't have to go buy a new underwear wardrobe? 

It's not impossible to get pregnant even while on birth control (including implants). So, if you have other symptoms, it is worth testing. (Your band size would be likely to increase if you were pregnant - rib cage circumference increase by a few centimeters when pregnant.

But yes, I would put my money on the hormones. They do strange things, and their effects can change over time.

Going gluten free might have adjusted your hormone levels. For me, I never got a period naturally until I went gluten-free. My hormones were all over the place and had settled due to the diet. Could be that the change of chemistry in your body + change of prevention meathod had this result on you. 

Hello-

I have gone gluten-free since the middle of February 2013, since I was diagnosed. Needless to say I went from shock to depression to angry, to now I'm just happy to eat what I can. The last few months, I noticed that my boobs have gotten bigger and it seems like it hasn't stopped (but I gradually noticed the difference). Even my husband noticed it. I am not really a busty person at all, but I just got measured and sure it enough the cup size (not the band size) had gone up. Has anyone else had this after going gluten free? I also went off Depo-Provera in October (that's when I was due for the last shot and didn't get it) and got an implant instead. (So no, I can't possibly be pregnant.) At first I thought, oh no, I have a pituitary adenoma! I have cancer! But I want to know if anyone else out there has had this symptom after going gluten free? If so, does anyone know what would cause it? Do I need to sell all my VS bras and get new ones :( or will they go back down so I don't have to go buy a new underwear wardrobe? 

Hello

I smiled when i read your topic title :) my boobs have gotten bigger too! I have a post on here about it somewhere!It took a month or 2 of being gluten-free and then all of a sudden my boobies began to grow!! I must admit this is even stranger for me being 40years old! But not unwelcome! After the birth of my son 6 years ago, I ended up with a couple of pancakes! I though this was due to breast feeding. Now I know I was more than likely undiagnosed celiac as my son was small when born, and nobody understood why. Now I know. 

Back to boobs! They settled down within a month or two, possibly 3. I went up appx one and a half cup sizes. I have since put on weight and they are even bigger! But the weight has to go as I am too porky now (me not like!)... However I am hoping they wont shrivel away again when I lose my intended 6-7 kg. 

I was still having 'periods'/shows up until diagnosis, but I was not ovulating. I am now ovulating again. I hadn't even thought of cancer to be honest, I just guessed my hormones were all over the place... I think they are somewhat still!! But much better now... Looks like you might be buying a new underwear wardrobe! ;)

I know this is an older thread, but the other week I was talking with a friend and saying that it's funny because I've finally started to lose weight, but it seemed like my boobs were getting bigger.  Sure enough I went to VS to be measured, and my cup size went up one.  I am not on any type of hormonal birth control...bad experiences with that earlier, so I haven't taken it for a few years and am absolutely not pregnant.  The only thing I can attribute it to is going gluten free.  

We all know the fantastic mental and physical benefits of going gluten-free, but "Go gluten free to get bigger boobs naturally," now there would be a great marketing campaign  :)  Like the OP, I am also 28.  

This topic is interesting... because I have noticed the same thing! I had lost a lot of size due to my working out and losing body fat so I was a little sad. But then I went gluten free and randomly they were getting bigger... I even pregnancy checked myself.. twice! I also have an IUD so I was skeptical, but it can happen. Suffice to say I have just accepted it and moved on. I am fuller, but  I have not increased a whole cup size.

Probably has to do with a little weight gain & absorbing nutrients better - my guess.

Will we see celebrities going gluten-free to increase boob size?  Or "No.  I didn't get my breasts done.  I went gluten-free"?   :lol:

Wow, I wonder... I was blaming the fact that all my cute, petite bras don't fit anymore on an ovarian cyst that's acting up - or so my gyno said. I just thought it was a coincidence. It would be nice to be able to buy bras from a normal store instead of having to find them online!

makes me happy to hear this is happening to others.  normally I would agree with weight gain, but I've been this weight before and heavier, but my boobs were smaller so I'm totally attributing it to better nutrient absorption  :)

I can see the People and Us Weekly covers now :P

Probably has to do with a little weight gain & absorbing nutrients better - my guess.

Will we see celebrities going gluten-free to increase boob size?  Or "No.  I didn't get my breasts done.  I went gluten-free"?   :lol:

When I was  very sick before DX, my 38C boobs were flattened from loss of muscle tone and because I was very thin (I had been overweight). They looked like sad old lady boobs and it depressed me. Really. They looked awful. 

But now, the "girls" are back to where they were. I have gained weight, I can work out again and just strengthening the pects

has made things, shall we say more "perky". I do not expect miracles at my age, I mean, gravity is working against me at this point :D 

but they do look much better now that I am not thin and sick from malabsorption. so, hooray for healing and looking busty again.

(Can't be from an unexpected pregnancy as that ship sailed long ago and I would be headline news as a full fledged miracle. ^_^ ) 

Technically, you've been pretty unhealthy before you went gluten free. Your body isn't up to it's prime and doesn't do it's thing.

Maybe you just have big boobs, lol.

I noticed myself gaining more muscle/getting healthier/more fit just from stopping gluten after a year and a half

I'm so glad someone posted this! I'm 30 and I've been gluten free for two months post Celiac diagnosis and I have noticed my boobs are slowly getting bigger. I've always been a scrawny little thing, but now I am finally eating properly (no gluten) and my body is able to absorb what I'm eating! Translation: I'm absorbing the fat I eat. It isn't much fat, but I can see the difference in my boobs and even in my hips, which are the two spots I guess women gain fat first. I feel so much better about how I look, even with these tiny changes.