Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bayba792

Has Anyone Had A Problem With Eating Turkey Meat?

My husband was recently diagnosed and has been gluten free since march of this year. He has always had a problem with milk, beef, turkey, and pork but since going gluten free he no longer gets sick with this food except the turkey. At first he thought it was the ground turkey we were eating so I changed to beef but I made roasted turkey breast and he still got sick. He gets severe gas and diarrhea. The brand is Jennie-O and from what I checked it is gluten-free but I could be wrong. Does anyone else has this problem???

Is the turkey breasted processed? Meaning is it nroated/prepared prior to puchase or contain ingredients other than Turkey? Some prepared meat contains seasoning or preservatives which can be difficult to tolerate --- it is not always gluten that is tough for the healing gut to process. Perhaps try baking a piece of plain turkey....while not as likely...there may simply be an intolerance of turkey.

Most or all Jenni  O turkey products are gluten free.  Maybe he just can't eat turkey?  Maybe its an ingredient you season it with?  Or always eat with it?

try getting some turkey straight from a local butcher if you can (no packages, processed stuff, etc) and see how he does on that. If he's fine, it might be contamination or processing in the turkey you usually have. If he's not, then he could just not be able to tolerate turkey. Or maybe it's taking him longer to get back.

Hope you can figure it out.

Could be the gut is still just healing and for whatever reason he can't eat it.  leave it for a couple of months then try again.