Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

answerseeker

Ferritin Level Up A Little!

I had my ferritin rechecked the other day and it went from 22 to 34. Maybe I'm absorbing nutrients now. They rechecked it because I've been having very heavy menstrual bleeding, I thought for sure it would drop dangerously low but it actually went up!

That's good news.  I am hoping the same for me.  I recently began a supplement.

What specific improvements have been noted since the supplement began?  I am working on this, or should I say it.  I think I am losing some inflammation and numbness.  I may be losing weight.  More time will tell exactly.

I still get the tingling thing in my fingers. But my hair is less grey which is really weird. I've read here and other places that greying of hair is a symptom of low iron. It hasn't been long enough to feel a lot of improvement yet but I'm glad to see the number go up

This is exciting....my hair also became less gray as my nutrient levels improved. Took me a very long time to climb back to all good levels...hoping you all have much improved numbers quickly.

Thanks for sharing your good news :)

Ugh!  No signs of improvement on my grey hair which is really grey for my age!  But I don't color it.  My signs of improvement  (which could also be contributed to my increase in thyroid meds) for the anemia are reduced fatigue, bright red (instead of pale pink) inside my eyelids and a desire to run or ride my bike!  Really low hemoglobin causes me to get out of breath, just talking!