Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

twe0708

Looking For A Good Probiotic

What is a good probiotic.  I am trying to heal my body and heard that a good probiotic would help.  I developed tonsil stones this past year and read something about intestinal cleansing and that probiotics are a good start.  Thanks.

I really like the Go Live brand. It's a prebiotic and probiotic mix. I use the flavorless powder packets and mix them with juice, but they also have different flavors. It's really expensive, though (about $30 for a box of 30 at Whole Foods in the U.S.).

I really like the Go Live brand. It's a prebiotic and probiotic mix. I use the flavorless powder packets and mix them with juice, but they also have different flavors. It's really expensive, though (about $30 for a box of 30 at Whole Foods in the U.S.).

Thanks Greenbeanie,  Do these have to be refrigerated?  I heard that a good probiotic should be kept in the refrigerator.

Thanks Greenbeanie,  Do these have to be refrigerated?  I heard that a good probiotic should be kept in the refrigerator.

The Go Live packets don't need to be refrigerated. I tried a few different kinds before these , both refrigerated and unrefrigerated (I forget which brands, unfortunately). I eventually settled on these because I wanted a prebiotic as well as a probiotic, and someone had recommended L. Glutamine to me, which is in these packets too. I had also heard that refrigerated ones are better, though, and I wasn't sure how much it mattered. All I know is that these little guys are definitely doing something in there - for the first week my tummy sounded like a washing machine with all the gurgling! I took that as a sign that something new was going on. 

The Go Live packets don't need to be refrigerated. I tried a few different kinds before these , both refrigerated and unrefrigerated (I forget which brands, unfortunately). I eventually settled on these because I wanted a prebiotic as well as a probiotic, and someone had recommended L. Glutamine to me, which is in these packets too. I had also heard that refrigerated ones are better, though, and I wasn't sure how much it mattered. All I know is that these little guys are definitely doing something in there - for the first week my tummy sounded like a washing machine with all the gurgling! I took that as a sign that something new was going on. 

Thanks.  I will give them a try.  

VSL#3 has all the right cultures, another option is make Kefir, Sauerkraut and generally as many other cultured foods as you can and eat/drink them instead

I found this yesterday in the newspapers, I plan to buy them, look better then any other I've seen.

http://www.novaprobiotics.com/index.php/en/component/k2/item/5-cure-d%C3%A9toxifiante-probiotiques-pr%C3%A9biotiques

There is also

http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-probiotic-15-35-35-billion-cfu-120-vegetarian-capsules-4

if you buy one you get the other for half the price, basically 40$ before taxes and shipping for 4 months of very good probiotics.