Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Srrose104

Gluten Free For Over 2 Months - Is This Still Normal?

Hi everyone, 

I've been gluten free since mid-May.  I tested on an antibody test as being highly gluten sensitive, though celiac testing came back negative.  Since going gluten free, I've been feelign a lot better in many ways (no more migraines!  no more stabbing gut pain!), but I'm still having some really significant gastrointestinal issues. 

I guess I'm just trying to sort out whether there may be something else going on (and, therefore, I should be a little pushy with my doctor to keep looking further) or rather it's totally normal to still have these serious gastrointestinal issues after 2+ months of no gluten (I'm also dairy free, by the way).  I just want to feel better!

Thanks for your input!

- Shannon

I'd give it another month or two, then if you still think there might be a problem, start an elimination diet. In the meantime, keep a food diary and see if you notice gastro problems after any particular food. Sometimes it can be hard to tell because you may be one who reacts right away or you may be one who doesn't react until two days later. But after a while you will get an idea of what might be bothering you.

I am very sensitive to trace gluten.  It took me longer than 2 months to learn where gluten might be in my diet.  It also took me longer than that to learn about cross contamination issues.  It might be an idea to work on that more before looking for other sources of problems.  Occam's razor seemed to apply to me.