Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greenbeanie

Azelastine Hcl Nasal Spray

Does anyone know if Azelastine HCL antihistimine nasal spray, made by Apotex Corp., is gluten-free? It's not on the GlutenFreeDrugs.com list, but it's not a common product so it might just not have been verified. I can't seem to find any info on their website about inactive ingredients, and the pharmacist was not helpful. Unfortunately I no longer have the full package insert, as I was prescribed this last year and was not checking things for gluten yet.

Thanks! I feel silly - I must have read every link but the relevant one when searching earlier. Still getting the hang of this...it hadn't occurred to me to look up the company's overall manufacturing statements when I couldn't find the info on their specific product listing page.

My husband uses this and I just had to go box with the wonderful people at CVS over it since they gave him the wrong prescription, again....so I thought I would give you the list of ingredients from the printout in the packet, even though I know you already know it's safe. :)

.1% azelastine hydrochloride

benzalkonium chloride (125mcg/mL)

citric acid

dibasic sodium phosphate

edetate disodium

hypromellose

purified water

sodium chloride

Those were the only ingredients I could find so I'm assuming that's all that's in there. This stuff works wonders for my husband and doesn't smell like Raid when he uses it like Flonase does. I can't stand the smell of Flonase! But....I think I'm a bit hyper sensitive to smells so it could just be me. :)