Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GwenO

Whew!

Well I finally had my sixteen year son tested (his sister was diagnosed last June).  Been worried.  He's six foot, four - size eighteen feet!! - and pretty attached to his burger and pizza habit.  Came back negative.  Relieved.  Sixteen year olds are rather "difficult" I'm discovering. :)

It's suggested retesting every 3 years or if symptom present. Good he's "safe" for now though!

Really?  I did not know that.  I'll keep that in mind, thanks. 

Oh my goodness!!! Size 18 feet?!?! And here I thought my 15 year old's feet were big @ size 14/15!!!! :) Not quite as tall as your son though I suspect he still has some growing to do. :)

My son has actually surprised me quite a bit with his willingness to eat gluten free with us (he tested negative as well but we're gluten-free as a household) and aside from his still frustrating issue of not eating veggies of any kind except lettuce he has come a very long way considering his pickiness! :)

Oh my goodness!!! Size 18 feet?!?! And here I thought my 15 year old's feet were big @ size 14/15!!!! :) Not quite as tall as your son though I suspect he still has some growing to do. :)

My son has actually surprised me quite a bit with his willingness to eat gluten free with us (he tested negative as well but we're gluten-free as a household) and aside from his still frustrating issue of not eating veggies of any kind except lettuce he has come a very long way considering his pickiness! :)

Well that's good.  I've had a battle with mine, because of course I predominantly cook gluten-free now.  I do buy him frozen pizzas/burritos, however, and his dad takes him out to eat regularly. 

Yes, I'm in Canada, so I have to order the shoes from the US - duty and shipping - I need two jobs I think!

Well that's good.  I've had a battle with mine, because of course I predominantly cook gluten-free now.  I do buy him frozen pizzas/burritos, however, and his dad takes him out to eat regularly. 

Yes, I'm in Canada, so I have to order the shoes from the US - duty and shipping - I need two jobs I think!

I have problems finding shoes here in the stores...I can just imagine how much more it would be to have to order them from out of the country! Oy! And here I've been thinking I'd need two jobs just for mine! :) Eventually they stop growing, right?!? It's weird seeing the size difference between him and his younger brother. Granted there's a 10 year difference....but my 15 year old has ALWAYS been big for his age. So my 6 year old is like a little peanut. Tiny little guy that does not grow very quickly (guess that's part of the Celiac!) Anyway....here's to growing boys!

Yes, my 12 year old daughter (celiac) is very small and petite.  They don't even look like they're related!!