AmandaD

Maxwell House Coffee

Rate this topic

I recently switched to Maxwell House Coffee after learning from our support group that Folgers says there may be "trace amounts" of gluten in their coffee.

Do any of you drink Maxwell House (called Kraft and they seem very knowledgeable about gluten).

Just checking...thanks a million. Amanda

I drink Folgers every day at the shop. (I save the Dunk's for home.) I've never had a problem with either.

Recently I had two Maxwell House Keurig coffees (decaf) and was up most of the night with problems. We checked everything I had that evening and the ONLY thing different was the coffee. After investigating, we discovered that the Maxwell House Keurig Kcups are just 'Keurig compatible' and not made by Keurig and cannot be confirmed as gluten free.

1 hour ago, Catrien said:

Recently I had two Maxwell House Keurig coffees (decaf) and was up most of the night with problems. We checked everything I had that evening and the ONLY thing different was the coffee. After investigating, we discovered that the Maxwell House Keurig Kcups are just 'Keurig compatible' and not made by Keurig and cannot be confirmed as gluten free.

Never had a problem with it personally. 

Well someone else was having issues with Keurig coffees awhile back, it is the way they pack them, the plant, etc. and the fact it is normally a shared facility not just for that brand of coffee etc. Then there is the fact if your in a shared house.....what was last ran in that machine?   This led to a whole storm of posting and testing....long story short I started a bit of a testing campaign and found a brand called ChristopherBeanCoffee and all the things I tested from them were gluten-free and the main sales rep has celiac in her family.  >.< the desert flavored coffee from them are god sends.

3 minutes ago, Ennis_TX said:

Well someone else was having issues with Keurig coffees awhile back, it is the way they pack them, the plant, etc. and the fact it is normally a shared facility not just for that brand of coffee etc. Then there is the fact if your in a shared house.....what was last ran in that machine?   This led to a whole storm of posting and testing....long story short I started a bit of a testing campaign and found a brand called ChristopherBeanCoffee and all the things I tested from them were gluten-free and the main sales rep has celiac in her family.  >.< the desert flavored coffee from them are god sends.

Remember it was Aristotle cat who was also coffee lobby. Very strange thread.