Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mum in Norway

Daughter Gluten Free For 4 Days, Stomach Pain Seems To Be Getting Worse?

Due to stomace pain and D/C my 3,5 year old daughter has just been tested for celiac (think this is her 4th celiac test). She could not have gluten when she was younger, but has never tested positive for celiac. We reintrodused gluten almost a year ago, and she seemed to handle it fine, so she has not been gluten free after that. Then she started complaining about stomace aces this summer, more and more frequently, and when her celiac test came back negative we agreed with the doctor to try taking her of gluten again, and if that diden't change anything then we should move on to milk. It's been 4 days now. I know not to expect wonders so soon, but it seems her pain might be getting even worse. How much longer should we wait before we start trying milk or other things?

If it were me and my child (hopefully one day I am blessed with one) I would take away milk asap. I might even consider putting her on an very bland diet (apple sauce, bananas, chicken, rice, almond milk-if she can eat nuts, etc) removing the top allergens/stomach causing food issues (soy, gluten, corn, milk, eggs, fish, etc) and then try that for awhile and reintroduce them one at a time to see how she reacts. Just my 2 cents though.

Best of luck, hope you find the problem soon.

Thank you :)
First i think I'll stop adding pea protein to everything i bake for her.

Last night she fell asleep without complaining about pain, she slept like a baby all night, without tossing and turning like she usually doesand this morning she slept an hour longer than usual, so she seems to be getting better :)