Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

redraider1856

How Often Should You Get Retested?

I tested positive for celiacs in my bloodwork in December, 2009 and confirmed via endoscopy in January 2010. That is the last time I've been to a gastroenterologist or been tested. I've tried to be gluten free ever since, but still have stomach issues (though not nearly as bad as before). Should I be seeing a GI Doctor or get retested every few years? What do you guys do?

Your regular doctor can test your blood and see if your levels are normal.  You will just have to ask as most doctors don't think of this.  IF you are having issues, you might want to see a GI.

http://www.cureceliacdisease.org/archives/faq/how-often-should-follow-up-testing-occur

How often should follow-up testing occur?

New celiacs should receive follow-up testing twice in the first year after their diagnosis. The first appointment should occur 3-6 months after the diagnosis, and the second should occur after 1 year on a gluten-free diet. After that, a celiac should receive follow-up testing on a yearly basis. We recommend checking both tTG and DGP (Deamidated gliadin peptides) at each screening.