Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi everyone!

I did my colonoscopy this morning... no sign of serious inflammatory bowel disease (hooray!), although there was mild inflammation where my small intestine ends and my large intestine begins. Biopsy results in 10 days.  I did a celiac blood panel test, but that will take a while to come back. Buuuut. There may be something else causing my symptoms. H.plyori.

I did a breath test, and the normal range for it is 0 - 25. Mine was 30. Anything above a 50 is serious business (i.e. bad) but 30 is still above the "normal" range. I have been having acid reflux, bloating, strange bowel movements, etc. for the past few months. The doctor prescribed antibiotics and probiotics to help take care of it. I was wondering if anyone has been through this before, or been dx with H. ployri? What were your symptoms? 

Hi! I had H. Pylori when I was a teen. I found out because I had horrible stomach pain and I could't walk or sit up. I just laid on the couch curled up in a ball crying. The doctor felt my stomach and then took some blood tests to find it. I had 3 ulcers at the time and supposably that's how I got it. I took several antibiotics for weeks and it cleared up. Then I got ulcers again a few years later but no infection.

Hope this helps!

Robin

Hi! I had H. Pylori when I was a teen. I found out because I had horrible stomach pain and I could't walk or sit up. I just laid on the couch curled up in a ball crying. The doctor felt my stomach and then took some blood tests to find it. I had 3 ulcers at the time and supposably that's how I got it. I took several antibiotics for weeks and it cleared up. Then I got ulcers again a few years later but no infection.

Hope this helps!

Robin

Oh my! That sounds so painful! :( I'm glad there was no recurrent infection. Were you able to get rid of the ulcers that occurred later? I honestly would have had no idea to check for H.Pylori, the gastroenterologist decided to do it along with the celiac testing and colonoscopy. I hope it fixes these stomach issues once and for all cross fingers.

Yeah the ulcers healed both times, but every one and while I get that feeling again but it usually passes. Aside from labor it was the worst pain I ever experienced. Good luck I hope you get some relief!