Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mum in Norway

How Is It Posible To Gain Weigt On A Callange?

I'm gaining weight, how can that be? I vomit almost every day and often 4-5 times and I have diarrhea to the pont that I worry I'll get dehydrated, and still I'm GAINING weight! How is that physically posible?

Could it be that your body is going into protection mode, and severely slowing down your metabolic processes? Could it also be bloating and water retention? Yikes, it sounds like you are not doing too well on a challenge! Are you sure you want to go through with it? Vomiting that much and dealing with that much diarrhea sounds as if your body is having a quite violent reaction to the challenge. 

That could be. My face is swelling, maybe my whole body is? Also I am very tierd most of the time, so you might be on to something with the metabolisem. Feels like am asking thousands of questions these days, my brain does not seem to be working properly and I can't work things out on my own..

Im doing the biopsi in 6 days, so I'll have to finish these last few days when I have come this far. Looking foreward to it so much it hurts!

My fluid balance gets off when I have gluten.  Yes, my face gets puffy, and for sure my abdomen and thighs.  I believe the whole body does swell; the shoe store lady grew incredulous while noticing lines that denote swelling on my shoes.  I even know what it feels like when it goes out.  First my shoulders start being a little small for my clothes.  My abdomen and thighs swell up bigger.  At about this point I have frequent urination for several days.  Lastly, my whole body is much smaller.  Once I lost 30 lbs in a week.

As I understand this problem had to do with adrenal glands and hormonal imbalance.

D