Sammyj

Best Way To Deal With Gas & Bloating

Rate this topic

You have a endo and colonoscopy scheduled in a month, right?  Other than some possible over-the-counter gas medication, I don't know what can help besides avoiding foods that create gas (e.g. beans).  After your biopsy and once you are on a gluten-free diet, you should hopefully feel some relief in a few weeks.  It may take months to years for complete healing of the intestinal tract.

Hang in There!

Are you sticking with just whole foods? The first month my diet was very plain and I was improving, bloating was pretty much gone but then I started introducing gluten free packaged foods because I always felt so hungry plus my weight is down and the rd recommended some of these foods. Now the bloating and gas are back.

Are you consuming dairy still?

No dairy, and mostly whole foods. 

The endo and colonoscopy are not looking for Celiac, I'm due the colon, and the endo to look for reasons for gas.  But I though of asking him to take the required samples.

Bloating and gas was one of the first symptoms to improve for me. I was noticeably smaller after a month.

In the mean time, I know this sounds odd, but if the gas is bad... well, gas rises so if you elevate you (ahem) back end over your head, it sometimes helps thing get moving... Headstands or hanging off furniture helps. :lol:  A short jog in a spot where no one can hear you "putting" around can help too.  LOL

Good luck with the endo.

Nicole - I can vouch for the gravity situation. I was doing a plank with my feet on a ball and that elevated things and caused some unfortunate rumblings with a suprise for anyone unfortunate enough to be near me at the gym. Haha we can only laugh at this situation right?!

If it is gas in your stomach, peppermint can help relax the muscles and make it easier to burp the gas out.

More tips for starting the gluten-free diet:

Get tested before starting the gluten-free diet.
Get your vitamin/mineral levels tested also.
Don't eat in restaurants
Eat only whole foods not processed foods.
Eat only food you cook yourself, think simple foods, not gourmet meals.
Take probiotics.
Take gluten-free vitamins.
Take digestive enzymes.
Avoid dairy.
Avoid sugars and starchy foods. (gas makers)
Avoid alcohol.