Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

answerseeker

Is There A Correlation Between Being More Sensitive And Coming Down With A Cold?

I'm coming down with a cold and the other day I got gluten symptoms from a product that was labeled "may contain wheat" now from what I understand from you guys is that doesn't mean it has gluten but could be cc'd with it.

Is there some kind of connection to being more sensitive at a time when our defenses are already down? Kind of makes sense. Our bodies are fighting a cold so any amount of gluten could set off a reaction.

The glutening didn't cause my cold because my husband just got over it and my son has a cold too.

While I don't think having a cold will make you more sensitive to CC I do think if you are on gluten (or glutened) it might make you more likely to catch  something.

I was constantly catching everything that went around before I was diagnosed. Since I have healed I very rarely get ill. My doctor said at diagnosis that my body was so busy fighting the gluten, and thus itself, that it didn't have any defenses to spare to fight off a cold etc.  I also had a lot of allergies, ( I actually tested postive to 98 out of 99 things tested ), He said many of those would likely resolve gluten free. They did. Within a year I only had 3 allergies left.

that would be great if my allergies subsided, I tested allergic to like 7 trees, 5 molds, a bunch of weeds and grasses my dog and cat who now are forced to live outside. feel like I should live in a bubble sometimes!

that would be great if my allergies subsided, I tested allergic to like 7 trees, 5 molds, a bunch of weeds and grasses my dog and cat who now are forced to live outside. feel like I should live in a bubble sometimes!

Yea out of everything they tested me for the only thing I wasn't positive for was beech trees :wacko: I know that bubble feeling.

That also included my dog and cats. I had 3 at the time.  I didn't have a strong reaction to being near them so I let them stay in the house but stopped allowing the cats in my bedroom. That helped until my system calmed down.  My kitties are never allowed outside because it is not safe for them here so I am glad things resolved fairly quickly. I hope things calm down for you soon also. Our furry freinds just don't understand when they can't sit on laps any longer.