Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Simona19

How Much Would You Pay?

I would like to ask you something important to me.

How much would you pay for a loaf of bread which weights 2.4 pounds, or has 38.4 oz.? 

It is 12 inches long, 4.5 inches high and 5 inches wide.

This bread is my creation and I would like to sell it to a few friends. When I checked the Udi's bread, it's just 12 oz.  When I compered them, the Udi's bread is a very, very, very small loaf and its cost fluctuates   from $5.00-6.99 in the stores around me.

So please help me with this dilemma.

Simona, is it possible to post a recipe? If it is as good as your challah, it will be a winner. If not, I understand. For such a loaf I would happily pay $10 to $12.

http://www.mariposabaking.com/collections/breads

This place has really good baked products.  I'm not sure of the sizes, but maybe this can give you an idea of prices in San Francisco area.  You could email and ask them how big the loafs are.  No need to tell them why but you aren't in competition with them and they seem very friendly.

Thanks for the reply. I will not post the recipe, sorry. This recipe is "a big secret". It's 10 times better as my challah. I have been making two loafs for the past two years every week and half. This bread to me, and to friends around me taste like the real thing- really real thing. It doesn't have to be refrigerated, or frozen and the texture will be same all this time. I'm keeping it on the counter in my kitchen wrapped in the plastic wrap.

The reason for keeping it secret is: I might open a bakery in the future, or make a Bread mix in the box.

One thing is bad- this bread has soy in it. I try to make it without it, but the result was bad, so soy it is.

Thanks for the reply. I will not post the recipe, sorry. This recipe is "a big secret". It's 10 times better as my challah. I have been making two loafs for the past two years every week and half. This bread to me, and to friends around me taste like the real thing- really real thing. It doesn't have to be refrigerated, or frozen and the texture will be same all this time. I'm keeping it on the counter in my kitchen wrapped in the plastic wrap.

The reason for keeping it secret is: I might open a bakery in the future, or make a Bread mix in the box.

One thing is bad- this bread has soy in it. I try to make it without it, but the result was bad, so soy it is.

That is what I thought and very understandable. The best of luck in your venture!!!

Challah? Where's this challah recipe??? I'll happily wait for the future bread mix but to bake a challah would make me so happy!!

Search this site for Simona's Challah Bread. It is very good.