This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Organic Gluten-free Shampoo And Conditioner

RFisher1974

RFisher1974 Newbie

I was just wondering about organic products. Ever since I was diagnosed with Celiac (which was a little over a year ago) I have been reading labels like crazy (obviously). I have begun to convert everything I have to organic products. The biggest issue I have run into is finding organic shampoos and conditioners which do not contain gluten. Does anyone have any recommendations? I would greatly appreciate it. (THANKS!!!) :D:D:D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jerseyangel Proficient

Thats a great question! I don't know of any--the ones I find all have wheat as well--so I'll be looking forward to the replies.

kabowman Explorer

Have you checked Burt's Bees stuff? I don't know what the ingredients are but I think their whole line is organic. You can buy it online and several of our local stores carry some or all of their products. I am happy with the stuff I do buy.

tarnalberry Community Regular

Trader Joe's has one that is, as I recall, organic and gluten-free.

jerseyangel Proficient

Would that be the Trader Joe brand, or other?

Guest BERNESES

Check out Aubrey's Organics Rosa marqueta shampoo. It was recommended by Jenvan and I love the stuff too! Beverly

bluelotus Contributor

I have used Collective Wellbeing's line for fine hair.....a good shampoo, but not entirely for me. I have oily hair and it was a bit too gentle - my hair would be oily by 5 or 6 pm.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular
Would that be the Trader Joe brand, or other?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Their own brand. Just check the ingredients for which ones are safe.

RFisher1974 Newbie
:D:D Thanks for the responses!! I really appreciate it!!! I'll keep investigating and look up the products recommended :D:D
jenvan Collaborator

good question :) i'm all about the organic/all natural products. As Berneses said, I definitely recommend Aubrey Organics (fav Rosa Mosqueta shampoo). Just be sure to ck ingredients. There is also Giovanni Hair Care products--their entire line is organic and gluten-free. (Even their Golden Wheat Shampoo--it actually has no wheat in it!) They have gel, mousse, hairspray, shampoo, conditioner etc. You can buy them online or at a natural Wild Oats type grocery store. Good stuff !

• 2 weeks later...
Noelle126 Apprentice

Jen,

You had mentioned earlier about the California Baby products I saw some of them at Whole Foods but none of their lotions, do they carry it else where? I talked to the manager and he said that he didn't know they even had lotions but that he would look into getting some. Thanks! :)

cornbread Explorer

My vote goes for Giovanni too. :)

Noelle126 Apprentice

I'm really liking the Burts Bees things I bought and also Jenvan thanks for the Rosa Marquetta shampoo idea...it is WONDERFUL!

jenvan Collaborator

Angela-

Sorry I missed your question until now... I am able to buy their lotions in a local natural foods store... I know they have some of their products at Whole Foods too. I have also ordered them off their website. Their lotions are here: Open Original Shared Link If you call, they are very helpful. PS--Glad you like the shampoo...I love it too :)

Noelle126 Apprentice

I saw the California Baby brand at Whole Foods but they only had the shampoo! What lotion do you like the most...I'm afraid I like cosmetic products WAY too much...I gave my sister all of my hald used products and man I was thinking "that is so much money in products" but I can't help it I love trying new things...and usually I use it all except I decided to give all of the Gluten containing items to her because I didn't want to "half way" do the Gluten Free thing it was all or nothing...and I chose to be healthy...at first my family was thinking that I was going overboard until that is I gave them this message board website and they have been 100% behind me since.

Ok off of that ramble...

jenvan Collaborator

The Calming lotion is my favorite--it has a fresh, light scent to it with a little lavender. I also like the super sensitive--pretty much no fragrance to that. Glad you got rid of all the bad stuff. I gave away bags of products to friends. I think I stocked my best friend's kitchen and medicine cabinet for months! It is expensive... Anywho, at least those of us who are into trying new products can get excited about that when switching out the old stuff! Also, I did switch to bare escentuals makeup...and my face wash and lotions are Juice Beauty or Boscia now--all natural, no preservatives. I get both on sephora.com or in the store. If you try any of those just make sure you ck the ingredients, I haven't used or cked all their products. The Boscia facial polishing scrub is awesome!!

Noelle126 Apprentice

Jenvan-Thanks so much for all of your help...after reading a lot of your posts you seem to like a lot of things I like!

pixiegirl Enthusiast

I've seen the Boscia stuff in the store, is it all gluten free?

Susan

jenvan Collaborator

Susan-

I don't know if all their products are gluten-free. I have been checking as I go. But if you go to their website: Open Original Shared Link They list the ingredients to all their products. I've also e-mailed them in the past and they responded. The facial polish I use is: Open Original Shared Link

Angela-

I think we do too :) Go here to see a list of most of the products I use, if you're interested: Open Original Shared Link

Guest BERNESES

Jen- You rock! we like all the same stuff! B

jenvan Collaborator

woo hoo! :D

Archived