Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pegleg84

Dealing With Nausea

Hi All

Currently enduring a bit of 3-day-delayed cc after eating out on Friday (either that or am actually getting a cold). Blerg. I'm achy, chills, and a bit nauseous. No fun. But my current situation is not the point of this post.

Despite feeling that I could be sick at any moment, I know I'm likely not going to be. For someone who gets nauseous an awful lot, I've got a pretty strong stomach. I also hate vomiting and avoid it at all costs. Once or twice a year I might find myself over the toilet, but considering I feel nauseous at least a few days a month, that's pretty good.

So, what do you do to endure the nausea? I take capsulated ginger or eat some candied. Vinegary/salty things also seem to help (apple cider vinegar, or salt and vinegar chips of all things), drink lots of water. Breathe deeply and slowly. It usually passes or subsides enough that I don't have to worry about a mad dash to the washroom

What's your usual experience with nausea? Are you usually sick, or can you ride it out? What's your anti-nauseate of choice?

The nausea could be caused by anything: something you ate, stomach flu, motion sickness, etc.

The nausea pressure point is on your wrist.  Hold the underside, where your veins are.  Like you, I'll get nauseous but know I'm not going to throw up, so I'll hold the pressure point and it helps some.  It's the same theory behind those motion sickness bands that they sell at the drug store.

When I was pregnant, I spent about 3 months holding the pressure point.  It's a miracle I got any work done, but I didn't throw up once.