Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Candy

gluten-free Rice Mix To Try: Lundbergs

I've just discovered a gluten-free packaged rice mix about a week ago and ate it last night and tonite.

It's Lundberg's  Organic Whole Grain Rice & Seasoning mix and Wow ! It's a delicious godsend !

These gluten-free rice mixes are flavorful and wholesome. I was so surprised (with joy and satisfaction) when I discovered them at a supermarket on the gluten-free rack. These rice mixes have  two flavors that I saw:one with brown rice,wild rice,and porcini mushrooms ,and the other flavor  is Jambalaya, with brown rice onion,garlic,bell pepper,spices(black pepper,cayenne,cumin)dried tomato,smoke flavor,organic sunflower oil,and organic brown/rice concentrate , and so on.....

If the jambalaya one is as good as the brown rice and mushroom one then it's  a winner...

You gotta try 'em..

Lundberg's also does packaged risotto mixes that are excellent. Most are gluten-free and labeled as such.  I am very, very sensitive and have used their products for years and never have had a problem.  If you are in a pinch for time, these are the next best things to homemade!

I looked for their seasoned mixes at my usual grocery store to no avail, just the plain rice.  I do regularly make their quick-cooking brown and wild rice blend (orange package I think) using broth as the cooking liquid and adding herbs and garlic, makes a really nice quick side dish.  It doesn't have the usual odd texture of quick cooking rice that I usually can't stand.

Let me chime in with praise for Lundberg's products. The risotto (every flavor I have tried) is excellent.

Another good rice mix is Riceland's long grain and wild rice mix. It is not marked gluten free, but the ingredients sound safe and I have used it several times with no bad results.