This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pillsbury gluten-free Pie Crust Dough

mbrookes

mbrookes Community Regular

This just popped up in my local Kroger. I bought some, but have not used it yet. Does anyone have experience with this product? Did I throw my money away or is it a good thing?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

GF Lover Rising Star

Let's just make you the Guinea Pig :o   I will be waiting for your report before I pick it up at Kroger.

Colleen

Guines Pig? Well, I've been called worse! I'll report back after I try it out.

LauraTX Rising Star

I was thinking about using this for thanksgiving for a pumpkin and pecan pie, was thinking I better test it out before I make it the day before and there is no backup.  So yes, I would love for you to post a review and any tips :)

Yesterday I made a chicken pot pie using the Pillsbury Pie Crust. The crust is very good. It is a little hard to handle, as are all gluten-free pie crusts, but it turned out very good. I will use it again, probably on a mincemeat pie for Thanksgiving.

GF Lover Rising Star

Brooks, thanks for the report :)  I think I will try for a pumpkin pie. Haven't had one for so long.

Thanks again.

Colleen 

LauraTX Rising Star

Thanks for the report!  

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mommida Enthusiast

What about using it in muffin tins for mini pumpkin pie?  Could be easier to work with and how well does the middle of the pie crust bake?  (especially the middle of the pie?)

Does anyone have any time to try this or experience working with it?  I have been seeing some "non-stick" rolling pins too.

GF Lover Rising Star

I like the mini pumpkin pie idea.  Then the extra can be frozen for snacks. 

Colleen

kareng Grand Master

I roll sticky doughs out between two pieces of plastic wrap.

I had some of this dough and put the container in the freezer. Apparently, the company says not to freeze the dough! Oh well.

I have some more and want to make a free form pie. It has a fancy name that I don't know. You roll it out to basically round, put the fruit filling in the middle, then roll over the sides to partly cover the filling. I figure this is good if the crust isn't too pretty when I roll it out.

GF Lover Rising Star

I had some of this dough and put the container in the freezer. Apparently, the company says not to freeze the dough! Oh well.

I have some more and want to make a free form pie. It has a fancy name that I don't know. You roll it out to basically round, put the fruit filling in the middle, then roll over the sides to partly cover the filling. I figure this is good if the crust isn't too pretty when I roll it out.

:mellow: My pies have never been pretty.  Are we being graded? :o

Fourmonkeysjumping Rookie

I didn't see pie crust dough, but they had a small bucket of pizza dough. I made it into soft pretzels - yum!

w8in4dave Community Regular

I have been sooo wanting to get some of this!! Now I will!! Thanks for the report :) 

The directions say to bake the bottom crust a few minutes before filling. I did that and the crust was not at all doughey in the center.

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Galette?

kareng Grand Master

Galette?

Sure!  Sounds good.  :D

Archived