This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Glutino Pizza Sticks

Jnkmnky

Jnkmnky Collaborator

Open Original Shared Link

This site has the glutino pizza and sesame sticks as well as the glutino blueberry/apple/chocoate cereal bars. Normal high prices but REASONABLE shipping. I can't find these two products in any store near me... though I've asked numerous times for them to be ordered... They are very good products. If you can't find them in your local stores, I recommend you get them from this site. Worth the money.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VydorScope Proficient

Pizza Sticks? gluten-free? That sounds like a great altertive snake for my son... gonna have to check them out! But if cat get them at Wholefoods or someone does not carry it localy I'll like not get it cause I would want to try a small quantity first see if mr pickness will even touch them first heeh.

Guest nini

I've gotten those at both Whole Foods and Life Grocery. If your local stores don't carry them, maybe they can get them in. They are really good dipped in spaghetti sauce

VydorScope Proficient
I've gotten those at both Whole Foods and Life Grocery. If your local stores don't carry them, maybe they can get them in. They are really good dipped in spaghetti sauce

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We have whole foods here, I will have to check! hope tey have them and hope mr pickyness likes them. :) ITs hard as heck to keep varity in his diet :huh:

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

I did not like the pizza flavoured ones.

Guest Viola

I haven't tried the pizza ones, but love the sesame ones with Thai Kitchen soups :P I'll have to try the pizza ones next shopping day. We can get them here in Western Canada at 'Save on Foods' for those of you in the area.

Jnkmnky Collaborator

We all like the sticks. I wish they'd make them in the shape of goldfish. They're practically the same thing tastewise. My wholefoods is the worst in the country. I ask and ask and they NEVER get in Chebe, glutino products, or Kinnikinnick products. Some K products once in a blue moon is supposed to keep me from b%$@#ing...but just made me give up. The more I read here about how you all can find products at your wholefoods stores...the more ticked off I get about how crappy my wholefoods is.

Vydor- the sticks are great. When I would run out of alternatives, I'd sprinkle cheese on top of them, bake for a few minutes and serve them to my Celiac kid with a side of sauce to dip them in. Plus, he likes them as his "bread" when he has spaghetti. I put a few on the side of his plate and he dips them in his sauce. I haven't found them in a year. We're so excited to get them again. The cereal bars are tasty too.... just pricey. Shipping at this site I posted above is very reasonable. $7.50 for my order. The gluten free mall was $20 !!!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

VydorScope Proficient

Bah my wife just reminded me that we do not have a Wholefoods (YET!! under construction!) We have a wild oats... wonder if they carry them?

Rachel--24 Collaborator

My regular grocery store (Raley's) has those. I bought the pizza ones.

Felidae Enthusiast

Aaargh, I wish my Save-On Foods carried the Glutino line. I would love to try the pizza sticks. I have every flavour of the cereal bars, that my mom got for me.

mommida Enthusiast

I tried the Glutino pizza bread sticks, and hated them.

Laura

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I tried the Glutino pizza bread sticks, and hated them.

Laura

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't hate anything I've tried because I'm just happy to be able to eat some things w/out getting sick. :D

I know I would've hated most of the stuff if I'd tried it back when I was healthy. I even eat Amaranth cereal...which is not tasty but I still get happy to eat it.

mommida Enthusiast

I'm very picky about what I eat. It was a waste of money and had a very bad after taste. There are plenty of other gluten free options.

Laura

Jnkmnky Collaborator
I'm very picky about what I eat.  It was a waste of money and had a very bad after taste.  There are plenty of other gluten free options.

Laura

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh well. Everyone's different. We really like them. My daughter's best friend hates chocolate.... now that I have trouble understanding. :huh:

VydorScope Proficient
Oh well.  Everyone's different.  We really like them.  My daughter's best friend hates chocolate.... now that I have trouble understanding. :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OH WOW. Are you sure she is realy yours and human? Maybe some aliens took her! :o

Jnkmnky Collaborator
OH WOW. Are you sure she is realy yours and human? Maybe some aliens took her! :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's my daughter's best friend who hates chocolate.. not MY child. Yes, I'd have had a DNA test run if my kid hated chocolate! :lol:

taweavmo3 Enthusiast

So, are the Glutino cereal bars any good???? A local store here recently started carrying alot of Glutino products, I've only tried the shortcake cookies, but those were very good.

I wanted to try the breakfast bars, but at $6 a box, I thought I'd ask here first before I bought. I hate spending that kind of money for something no one will eat!

Oh, and Jnkmnky......you're gonna hate me. This store also carries the gluten free kit kat bars, lol. I told dh we can never move, this store makes gluten-free eating way too easy. I have never had to order anything online!

Guest Viola

We have a store in the valley that carries the gluten-free Kit Kat bars :P pricy though, so I just treat myself now and then.

Our Save on Foods has a manager that just handles the dietary products. If you have one, bug them for the Glutino products, the warehouse has them! If your store is too small to have a dietary manager, pick one manager and talk to him or her, every time you go in. It works really well. Remember, a good natured bugging works better than an impatient, angry bugging. Just cheerfully ask if any of it has arrived yet EVERY time you go in. :lol:

VydorScope Proficient

gluten-free KIT KAT BARS?? Like the real thing or a copy???

Jnkmnky Collaborator
So, are the Glutino cereal bars any good????  A local store here recently started carrying alot of Glutino products, I've only tried the shortcake cookies, but those were very good.

I wanted to try the breakfast bars, but at $6 a box, I thought I'd ask here first before I bought.  I hate spending that kind of money for something no one will eat!

Oh, and Jnkmnky......you're gonna hate me.  This store also carries the gluten free kit kat bars, lol.  I told dh we can never move, this store makes gluten-free eating way too easy.  I have never had to order anything online!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not even funny how lame my WholeFoods is. I have 2 wholefoods, 2 henry's, 1 boney's, 1 trader joe's, 1 jimbo's AND NO GLUTINO products at any. I mean, c'mon! I have to order Kinnikinnick on line as well as Chebe because none carry the products. ONCE in a while I can find kinnikinnick breads but never the flavor we want. And maybe three times a year, they get a couple bags of donuts in. I can't even think about it or it'll ruin my day.....

Ok. The cereal bars are very good. We put cream cheese on top and it's like having an open-faced bagel. The price is just plain criminal. I even wrote the company and told them the price was too high. I got an email back from a very rude person who told me if I couldn't afford it, it was my fault. She was soooo rude. The thing is, I'm not financially challenged, I'm just cheap. :D I was raised on welfare in the 70s and have "issues" as a result.... my kids tell me I'm Mr. Krabs from SpongeBob. Anyway, I wrote her back a slamming good letter and never heard back. :ph34r: I hope someone find the secret recipe for those cereal bars and posts it. Even I'd bake them rather than give my money to Glutino.

Kasey'sMom Enthusiast

I know what you mean about stores and avalibility!! We have a Kroger that just started carrying a few Pamela's mixes, Bob's Rice Flour and EnviroKids. I've been talking to the guy over the SMALL organic dept. and he said he would be on the look out for some more foods. Of course I live in an area that's about 10 yrs. behind everyone else. :blink: Dr.'s in my area aren't even testing for celiac disease much at all. I'm hoping to start a support group to help raise awarness. I am able to order through a national co-op and this has been a God Sent!! :)

gluten-free Kit Kat Bars......who makes these? I would love to have something like this.

I was planing on ordering some snack/nutritional bars and I was wondering if you all think the Glutino Bars are the best?

Thanks!! :)

Guest Viola

The Kit Kat bars are actually called "Big Break" and although they are a gluten free copy, they taste exactly like the original. I tested this by giving a gluten person a piece and their favorite bar was Kit Kat. Unfortunately two days later she brought me one thinking I could eat it :lol:

Jnkmnky Collaborator

Open Original Shared Link

Glutano makes the Break Bars. They are great. The shipping from the gluten free mall is too high. Try to find them someplace else if you can. The hazelnut chocolate bars are delish as well. The chocolate O's are good but hard. Leave the bag open for a day or two to soften them up.

Jnkmnky Collaborator
The Kit Kat bars are actually called "Big Break" and although they are a gluten free copy, they taste exactly like the original. I tested this by giving a gluten person a piece and their favorite bar was Kit Kat. Unfortunately two days later she brought me one thinking I could eat it  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shirley- is that an American Eskimo dog?

Guest Viola

No ... she is a "Shiba Inu" A Japanese hunting dog. The American Eskimo dogs are pure white, but still with the curled tail. They are both in the " Northern Spitz" species of breeding, so have similarities. They are a little different in their purpose of breeding. The American Eskie is bred to be a family dog, and is good in Obedience and very good with children. The Shiba Inu is bred to be a killer type hunter. They actually kill the game for the hunter .. such as grouse, rabbit etc. Because they loose interest as soon as the game is dead, they do not damage the meat. They kill very quickly by breaking the neck and crunching through the spine. Not a nice thought, but reality. Because they hunt independant of their human hunter they are NOT good in Obedience. It has taken me five years to put a CGN Title on her, and I haven't yet put the first leg of her celiac disease, although she has earned points and the judges have told me that she is still the best trained Shiba Inu they've met :lol: She is very good with people, and when raised with children they make a good family dog. When not raised with children, they are still safe, as they are too quick for a child to get their hands on them :lol: Sheba is extremely well socialized and does parades and mall doggy education days, so although we don't have young children around, she is very good with them. You can never let a Shiba Inu off lead as they would simply consider the neighbours cat, guinea pig, chicken or what ever, normal prey.

Archived