Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

eers03

Wvu Quarterback Is Gluten-Free

Rate this topic

I am sure many of you already heard this.  West Virginia University starting QB Clint Trickett apparently has Celiac Disease.  I found it really motivational that he is out there competing at the Division I collegiate level on Saturday's at my alma mater.

Apparently, he was diagnosed during his first or second year at Florida State.  He was working out with special teams pre-diagnosis.  After starting the gluten-free diet, he started working out with the big boys on the team.  Pretty cool.

That is great, we really need more good gluten-free role model types out there, other than crazy celebrities who embellish and tack on their own weird stuff.  :)

He is on twitter.  Seems like a decent enough fellow.  College, football, the outdoors.  He is always tweeting about hunting and fishing.  Anyhow, when you see him on TV his arms are HUGE.  It inspires me to drop the excuses and do a better job of weight training.  My bones could use the weight bearing exercise anyhow.

The NFL player Decker on the Broncos was telling in an article how he makes the most perfect breakfast sandwich on gluten free bread.  The article did not say if he was celiac or not.  I thought that was cool.

Colleen