Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vallene45

Gluten Free Diet Books

Hi, i am going nuts trying to find some good books about gluten-free eating plans that aren't chock full of dessert, bread, and pasta recipes that try and approximate their regular gluten counterparts. I have decided to cut out that stuff as well as potatoes and rice. I just need some recipes that will give me  enough nutrients without sending my blood sugar through the roof. I think i have finally given up on recipes that try and mimic gluten, i just want to eat healthy, any help would be appreciated, thanks

Most cookbooks that focus specifically on being gluten free do so with the realization that when someone picks them up they are looking for the gluten free replacement for something. It sounds like you are looking to cook foods that are either naturally gluten free or simply don't need a gluten free cookbook. Any healthy cookbook can help you out here.

My suggestion if you want a new cookbook would be Barbara Kafka's Roasting: A Simple Art. It has a lot of recipes for veggies, fruits and meats. You can replace any small amounts of flour with your favorite all purpose blend, I make my own flour blend. Many recipes in it are completely, naturally gluten free. (Which is the case with a significant number of cookbooks that focus on healthy eating, veggies and such.) I still get a lot of use out of my Betty Crocker and Better Homes & Gardens 3 ring binder cookbooks.

You want to exclude  bread, rice, pasta, desserts and potatoes, then you will not be using any flours either so you really do not need a recipe book, per se.

You would be eating essentially a paleo diet.

Free paleo dietary guidelines right here

http://thepaleodiet.com/what-to-eat-on-the-paleo-diet/

thanks, i haven't researched the paleo diet because i have been so consumed with researching the gluten intolerance stuff. It seems that i find out new information every day, it is definitely overwhelming, and it has been about two years since i have eaten a regular diet.