answerseeker

What Other "celiac Rash" Besides Dh?

Rate this topic

If you look at my blog post, you will see a picture of my rash that I get every time I get glutened. Today I got glutened from some fried rice at Panda Express (my fault). I'm documenting my glutenings and every single time I break out with this rash on my belly. It's also bloated all around as you can see from the picture too! Any idea what this rash could be? My GI dr. said it's definately a celiac rash but he didn't say what kind and it doesn't itch insanely like DH is supposed to.

I can't figure out how to post it here so it's on the blog post I just wrote

My GI dr. said it's definately a celiac rash but he didn't say what kind and it doesn't itch insanely like DH is supposed to.

answerseeker,  Try going to a Dermatologist.    I have DH (diagnosed by biopsy & blood labs) and it doesn't always act the same.    What makes you so sure your getting Glutened???      I get tummy & lower GI issues from Dairy, Nuts and recently Corn.     It's taken me 4 years and 4 months to add Dairy, Nuts & Corn to my list of foods I can't eat.     Keep in mind that I went through 2 rounds of allergy testing in the past 4 years.    Both times I was negative to those three foods and may never test positive on an allergy test.  

IMO,   a good GI Doctor won't give advice on a skin issue.   He should be sending you to a Dermatologist.    Would you use a Plumber to diagnose your Electrical issues???

Good Luck,

I'm not familiar with DH and have not seen your pics, so I don't know if this is similar, but a friend of mine has hidradenitis and recently discovered that avoiding gluten makes it go away.  I don't believe the doctors have connected the two yet, but many who suffer from hidradenitis have.