Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

WinterSong

Glutening Dreams

Rate this topic

I thought this would be a pretty funny topic. Has anyone had any bad dreams about glutening yourself? I've had a few, and they crack me up the next day. I've had this same dream about pizza and cupcakes:

I happily take several bites of food.

Put food down on the table.

Look at food.

Eyes go wide with realization.

"Dear god, WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!?!"

End of dream, lol.

:)

I had pretty much the same dream only it was a whole wheat bun.  I took a bite, chewed and swallowed, then realized it was something I shouldn't be eating.  I had that dream about 3 years after going gluten free.

I have been gluten free for 6 years, but there are still some foods that I miss dearly. So.... when I occasionally have trouble going to sleet at night I pretend someone developed a shot that would let me eat anything at all for one day. Then I start lining up the foods I want in order of consumption. Baklava (sp) is always first! Soon I go to sleep and have food dreams.

I had a dream right before I started the gluten challenge, that my cousin was at a restaurant and ordered $1000 in bread. I'm not kidding, I was watching her from my dream and she sat at a table with one of our other cousins and another friend and as the server arrived to ask what they would like to order, she looked at the server and said "$1000 in bread, $1000 in meat and $1000 in salads". There is more to the story of course, but it was just weird.

I have these dreams, but they end up more being nightmares with me trying toget the food I've eaten out of my mouth. Then I wake up and have to figure out if I really ate something I shouldn't have. I've been gluten free for 4 years, and the dreams happen about every six months or so.

I had another one last night. I ate some junkie mac and cheese and said, "Well, now let's time how long my reaction takes to kick in."

I don't know what my reaction time is. I've considered glutening myself to find out, but then I think it's silly to make myself feel miserable for a week. Much better things to do with my time.

Funny that I still have these after being 2.5 years gluten-free.

Just last night...I dreamt that I made a PB&J sandwich on normal bread...looked at it, then threw it in the trash.  I think this is a result of me having been glutened a week or so ago, and reacting TERRIBLY to it!  Made me laugh though...the things that stick in our minds!