Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

moosemalibu

Pregnancy Dreams/anxiety

Rate this topic

I don't know where to post this really.

I am 28 and not at all looking to get pregnant at this point in my life. Since I have started my gluten challenge I have had an irrational fear and anxiety of becoming pregnant. I have not bought a pregnancy test yet because I think that will validate the crazy I am feeling. But I am tempted to every day. I know the bloat is from water retention and I've likely gained weight from eating whatever I want the past 2 weeks and decreasing my gym time from five days to 1-2 days a week. I have the Mirena IUD so the chances of pregnancy are slim, especially since infertility is linked to Celiac's.

I just thought I would share that it is freaking me out and causing a lot of anxiety in my world.

There is no harm in taking a test, even though the reasons for taking it are irrational, if you have that seed in your mind, there is no way it will go away until you do.  :)

So I should give in to the anxiety and take a test? Hopefully this doesn't lead to more crazy anxiety situations... This gluten challenge is really making me crazy. My mood is all over the place.