Rate this topic

I know this has been discussed before, but i have some additional questions.

Apple gate meats look good, the one that looks the best to me is the roast beef. Has anyone tried it?

Is boars head meats behind the deli counter only?

I'm looking for something that is not only gluten free, but also free of colorings and other added preservatives.

Applegate ham is yummy.  We haven't tried any other " flavor".   I get Boarshead in packages from the company.  Its next to the Deli counter in my store.

What about Hormel Natural Choice?  I can get it at Target and Walmart and its about half the cost of the Applegate.  I haven't had the roast beef because I'm a big roast beef person.  But I know my son and husband have had it and it was OK. 

I like the Applegate Natural Roasted Turkey that I get in a family sized pack at Whole Foods.  Haven't had their brand of roast beef, but I have had the Hormel one, and it was pretty good.  It still weirds me out that some roast beef shimmers like it's part of an oil slick  :wacko:

I don't think I've ever seen Boar's Head in packages, but I've never let that stop me from getting it. There are two local delis here that sell it. One sells only Boar's Head meats and cheeses so there is no risk of CC from whatever else is there. The other does sell some other stuff that I'm not the least bit interested in knowing more about. (The first package listed some wonky ingredients, I was done.) I either go there first thing in the morning and am waiting as the deli opens, or I make them clean the slicer for me. How inconvenient that is for them is not really on my list of craps I give. Of course, they never know that. I always smile sweetly and am super polite and they're always more than happy to help me.

Mostly I've given up on the second deli though since they stopped selling Lebanon bologna. Jerks. Now I have to drive clear across the city if I want a bologna sandwich.