Rate this topic

I've heard Tylenol is gluten-free but I'm having such problems beyond Celiac that I am a bit worried about taking it.  I have severe, chronic head pain from TMJ (dislocated jaw which is very difficult to fix).  I'm also having stomach pain from Gastritis as well.  I'm honestly thinking about just breaking down and taking it.  I am thankfully on no other medications as I have had very bad experiences with them.

Has Tylenol helped anyone with stomach pain or pain in general?  If not, what has?

I THINK Tylenol is gluten-free, but it is full of corn which I am also intolerant to. I have mine made at a compounding pharmacy, gluten-free, corn-free, and soy-free. It does work for my pain, even though in the old days it would have been my last choice. I used to use either ibuprofen or asperin, but I have also developed an asperin allergy so Tylenol is my only choice.

There was an interesting show on NPR a few weeks ago warning that overuse, even by a little bit, can cause liver damage or even death. I mean, if they advise six capsules in a 24 hour period, and you take eight or ten, you could be flirting with disaster. And definitely DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL if you are taking Tylenol.

But if you take the minimum dose you should be OK. I usually only take one capsule, even though the recommended dose is two. If it knocks back the pain, great. If not, I can always take the second one.

When I last called and got the lawyer-speak answer it was "we dont add it but cant garuntee it as it may be produced on machinery that may have even tho we only make tylenol on that line but worker Fred may have had a peanut butter sammich for lunch and not washed his hands even though he doesn't touch it" garbage... I take it on a semi-regular basis and have not yet had a problem  (oh stop giggling it wasn't that funny when I was actually talking on the phone with them)