This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

So... I Went Shopping...

shadowicewolf

shadowicewolf Proficient

and got a two things i've never tried before.

I got some vans cheese crackers and  some hodgson corn bread mix.

Have you guys tried these?

On another note, walmart is having a sale on chex for about $2 a box.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Adalaide Mentor

I've heard really good things about the Van's crackers but just haven't ever tried them.

I swear by Hodgson Mills brownie mix as my go to for in a pinch. I haven't tried the corn bread, but I have tried a few of their other things and have never been disappointed. I made cornbread stuffing last year for Thanksgiving and was planning on probably doing the same this year, which I need cornbread for. I didn't realize Hodgson makes one, but since I know they do I'll probably pick one up.

kareng Grand Master

The Vans are yummy. They have oats - at least the ones I have had.

nvsmom Community Regular

$2?! Wow! Up here Chex is more like $6.

Hope your food is yummy. :)

LauraTX Rising Star

Vans cheese crackers are really good.  Closest thing I have found to cheezits.

IrishHeart Veteran

Yeah, I can plow through a box of Van's cheesey thingies in no time.

It's Karen's fault I got them. I love them, but.

I do not buy them anymore and my thighs are grateful.

kareng Grand Master

Yeah, I can plow through a box of Van's cheesey thingies in no time.

It's Karen's fault I got them. I love them, but.

I do not buy them anymore and my thighs are grateful.

Yes. It's my fault she has fat thighs. I sit my fat butt on her so she can't move and stuff the crackers right in! It's costing me a fortune in crackers! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

Yes. It's my fault she has fat thighs. I sit my fat butt on her so she can't move and stuff the crackers right in! It's costing me a fortune in crackers! :)

and now, you all know the terrible truth. I'm a victim of senseless cheesy cracker bullying.

Don't let this happen to you. Just say NO! to the cheesy crackers. One bite, and you're hooked.

Wheatie NOT Newbie

Do you have the recipe for that stuffing?  This will be my first Turkey Day coming up without wheat.  I am used to the good Polish stuffing my mom makes with apples and sausage.  I need stuffing stat!  TX!

IrishHeart Veteran

Do you have the recipe for that stuffing?  This will be my first Turkey Day coming up without wheat.  I am used to the good Polish stuffing my mom makes with apples and sausage.  I need stuffing stat!  TX!

Ok, lol

I had to read the thread again to see where on earth you came up with the stuffing question  :lol: since we started with cornbread and crackers

and then Okee dokee...I see it now....you want Addy's cornbread stuffing recipe.?

Let me give her  shout as she may not have seen this question buried here.

Hold on..........YO ADDY!!  NEWBIE in da house has a stuffing emergency!!! lol.

In addition, here is a slow-cooker stuffing with apples and sausage, just FYI. :)

Open Original Shared Link

Adalaide Mentor

Um... I'd have to figure out where the recipe is exactly. It was in the holiday issue of last year's Living Without. I just need to figure out what I did with it. I sort of misplaced a few of my first issues. :ph34r: I know they didn't get thrown away but I reorganized some things and they're here somewhere. I'll see if I can remember to look for it and find it. If you want regular traditional stuffing, IH's recipe which is posted somewhere over in the cooking section is good. (so I've heard) This is more like a bread pudding consistency but made with cornbread. I like it. Anyway, lots to do today and I'll see what I can conjure.

GF Lover Rising Star

Van's also has a very tasty cereal called Cinnamon Heaven.  Yummmmm.

Colleen

notme Experienced

Van's also has a very tasty cereal called Cinnamon Heaven.  Yummmmm.

Colleen

maybe it is penance for their sucky waffles!  :lol:  they were like the second 'gluten-free substitute' thing that i bought when i was first diagnosed, that and ener-g rice bread (i think) anyways, very bad, and the  bread was like styrofoam - this site is worth it's weight in gold just for food recommendations!!!  worth it's weight, y'all, so keep eating those cheesy crackers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  lolz  :P

i make georgia spoonbread with cornbread mix, it's a cross between bread and pudding sort of.  now i wants some spoonbread........  i have ever added jalapenos to it, maybe i will try apples and sausage :)  play with food!  yeh!  ^_^

IrishHeart Veteran

Um... I'd have to figure out where the recipe is exactly. It was in the holiday issue of last year's Living Without. 

waaaaaazit this one??? :)

Open Original Shared Link

IrishHeart Veteran

maybe it is penance for their sucky waffles!  :lol:

You really thought they were that bad? I prefer squishier ones (and homemade to boot), but, I tried them once and thought they were about a B-/C+ ish.

notme Experienced

You really thought they were that bad? I prefer squishier ones (and homemade to boot), but, I tried them once and thought they were about a B-/C+ ish.

i am going to give them a re-try, maybe as chicken & waffles waffles.  it could have been newbie-shock lololz :o :o ^_^

GF Lover Rising Star

I have yet to meet a gluten free waffle that was tolerable.  Hehe

Colleen 

IrishHeart Veteran

I have yet to meet a gluten free waffle that was tolerable.  Hehe

Colleen 

even a homemade one? or do you mean frozen dealio?

notme Experienced

even a homemade one? or do you mean frozen dealio?

arlene gave away her waffle iron :(

GF Lover Rising Star

Me?  A home made waffle?   That's funny Irish  :lol:  and before you ask, I have no waffle iron.  Would it be worth it to get one?

Colleen 

IrishHeart Veteran

arlene gave away her waffle iron :(

I was asking Colleen what she meant, but now I know why you haven't had a good waffle yet  :lol: poor babes. 

ask santa for one.

IrishHeart Veteran

Me?  A home made waffle?   That's funny Irish  :lol:  and before you ask, I have no waffle iron.  Would it be worth it to get one?

Colleen 

:lol: hey, I was giving you some props there, sister.

depends, sweets......... How much do you like waffles?

GF Lover Rising Star

I love waffles  :D

IrishHeart Veteran

I love waffles  :D

get a waffle iron. :)

GF Lover Rising Star

I'm on it. 

Archived