Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

answerseeker

Can Dh Present Itself As A Red Blotchy Rash At First?

I've been trying to figure this rash out for months! There is a picture of it on my blog post if you want to see what I'm talking about.

I have had the itchy bumps/blisters but they don't appear in clusters like the info I've read says they do. For example I had 1 on my tailbone area which was biopsied. But just 1 very itch bump. Then I had a small cluster on my thigh. But what is more consistent is the red blotchy rash. They are not bumps, almost looks like rug burn but my skin is itchy in general. It is symmetrical though like DH. It looks the same on both sides of my abdomen.

Squirmy? Any idea?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

I'm sorry, the photo is so small I can't really make out what's going on. I see a red area & that's all. It's really hard to say answerseeker. There are many rashes associated with celiac disease & some rashes do present symmetrical. Dh is crazy, insane itchy though & gets worse (if that's possible, but it IS) at night, wakes you up or keeps you from going to sleep in the first place. Dh also has bumps, blisters or some kind of raised red presentation.

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

I am a healed celiac (repeat biopsy confirmed) and I drink red wine on occasion.  No gluten reactions.  I do not drink it on a regular basis because it triggers my facial Rosacea which is probably due to the tannins found in red wine (grape sk...
    Never went to a "gym" always felt on edge there and only used hotel ones at 4am when no one else was. What  invested in a few years after I got diagnosed was a set of resistant bands, a stationary bike (late got a under desk elliptical,...
    Think I just had a serve response to some red wine I drank last night, severe cramps, bloating, etc. I have never had a reaction like this to red wine, a new bottle I’ve never tried before. Has anyone had a gluten reaction to red wine? ...