w8in4dave

Ughhh Corn , And Other Stuff?

Rate this topic

How do you guys do it?? I have Celiac, I have a corn intolerance , corn intolerance is hard with the Celiac, how do you all do it with all your other intolerance's ?? Is it just how I am doing it? with meat and veggie? But then some of you have so many more things going on... I thought I had it bad .. I feel for you all!! Wow!! Huggzzz!!

I can't have corn, soy, nightshades, almonds or blueberries (that I know of - I've sort of stopped trying new foods for now. :( )

I eat plain meats (mostly chicken), white rice, sweet potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, eggs, white cheddar, cashews, an occasional avocado, butter, and Blue Bunny All Natural Vanilla ice cream. And since Canyon Bakehouse dropped the corn from their 7-grain bread, I'm in Heaven! I get bison when I can afford it, and I can also eat Mulay's sausage, and Against The Grain products.

So I have cashews for my salty-crunchy snack, and the ice cream for my sweet snack. The bread is my ultimate treat. And all the rest is for nutrition. There's not a LOT of variety, but enough. And if I were a better cook I'm sure I could make it all taste better, but as it is, I really don't mind so much. (Just don't get between me and my ice cream every night! :lol: )

Canyon Bake house :) Thanks for the tip! 

One of my favs is cooking shows... but wow!! how glutenized it all is!! 

I'm half and half on corn. I can't eat whole kernels but I can eat processed corn with no major problems.

Hopefully it all evens itself out in the end.

but I've found with a little creativity the options are endless. Make a spreadsheet of everything you can have and then do a little googling on recipes with those ingredients. Substitute and have a little fun. 

Hang in there!

I am finding that seasonings are a wonderful thing!! I have been eating alot of rice so I have been using alot of different seasonings I wouldn't have normally used. so it is helping me alot! I cannot eat any form of corn! 

I know some are on a very restrictive diet! you know like bartfull! I know it is you have to do what you have to do , I am just hoping I don't have to do it!