Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

megsybeth

Great Gluten Free Cake Mix?

I scored the coveted dessert spot on 5yo DS's Thanksgiving party at school. I want to make some fun gluten free Turkey topped cupcakes because it's his rare chance to eat the "real" treat. Dont' have time for experiments so I was wondering what the best, moistest yellow cake mix is. Was thinking of going with Barbara's since I use other products and like them. They're four so probably will care more about the candy and frosting on top but I'd love to avoid a sandpaper texture.

Thanks!
Megan

I scored the coveted dessert spot on 5yo DS's Thanksgiving party at school. I want to make some fun gluten free Turkey topped cupcakes because it's his rare chance to eat the "real" treat. Dont' have time for experiments so I was wondering what the best, moistest yellow cake mix is. Was thinking of going with Barbara's since I use other products and like them. They're four so probably will care more about the candy and frosting on top but I'd love to avoid a sandpaper texture.

Thanks!

Megan

I really like Betty crocker's gluten free yellow cake mix.

I've also tried the betty crocker yellow cake mix and it was really good.  One box only makes a single layer of cake though so it is basically a half a cake mix.  It stayed fresh tasting for the 4 days the cake lasted, though.  I also like all the king arthur flour mixes, but I havent tried their cake mixes.  I try to not make cakes unless I have someone to help me eat them.  Because I WILL eat it all myself, haha.