Ashcat

Trader Joes Cocoa Powder And Mixing Bowl Question

Rate this topic

I am new and trying to evaluate what baking supplies to buy or replace.  I have been using Trader Joes Cocoa Powder for years and I really liked the taste of it. Is it safe? I tried talking to the store employees and reading the label but wasn't sure if people have had CC issue? It doesn't list any but after reading on the forum about the TJ issues I was concerned.

I already threw away my sugars because of potential contamination and my current box of cocoa was only used for pudding so it's not been near flour. I have cleaned all my cabinets, ran everything back through the dishwasher, and put aside any old bakeware or mixing bowls that were scratched.

Did you replace your glass bowls that were really scratched? I have some that are 14 years old pyrex and are heavily scratched in the bottom from a lot of use - I went ahead and bought a new set :) it's not like the old ones hadn't seen their time of use but did others?

Edited by Ashcat

I use TJ's cocoa and have used it for years. No problem.

My glass bakeware was in pretty good condition, and I didn't have much. I kept most of my metal bakeware and since I line pans for gluten-free cooking (so they won't stick) I continu to use them. I did break down and buy a new bundt pan, and springform pans. No lining there and they were pitiful anyway.

Thank you!!! :)

I use TJ's cocoa and have used it for years. No problem.

My glass bakeware was in pretty good condition, and I didn't have much. I kept most of my metal bakeware and since I line pans for gluten-free cooking (so they won't stick) I continu to use them. I did break down and buy a new bundt pan, and springform pans. No lining there and they were pitiful anyway.

Hi Ashcat and Welcome to the Forum.

Have your read the Newbie 101 topic.  It covers what kitchen items may need to be replaced.  Check all of your condiments ie: things that you dip into, and replace if needed. 

There is a steep learning curve to being gluten free and avoiding cross contamination.  Keep asking questions when you need to.

Colleen