I_want_nachos

Feeling Totally Insane And Alienated From My Body

Rate this topic

I've been gluten free for about 5 months now, and felt really well for the last month. I still get sick sometimes, seemingly out of no where/after eating foods that should be totally safe and I am starting to feel absolutely insane and I feel like I also sound insane when I tell people that I think I probably feel sick because my roommate cut bread on our plastic cutting board about a month ago. 

I didn't think the cc from sharing cooking stuff was bothering me, and I am still sort of in denial about it because it seems like a huge pain in the ass. Its not like I feel constantly sick, but every once in a while I'll feel realllly awful without any changes in my diet at all (i've been eating as fresh and clean as possible, and 5 months in I am pretty adept at reading labels, so I don't think its to do with that), so I am starting to wonder if I am getting ill from using the same kitchen things as my gluten eating roommates. 

But if I was wouldn't I be more apparently ill? Or is it possible for it to just cause random flare ups? Is it because I am still pretty new to the whole gluten free thing? I am not a celiac, but have a pretty strong gluten intolerance. 

I just feel unable to trust my body at all and I am at the point where I am considering replacing everything I regularly use in the kitchen just because I am confused and annoyed with my body. 

I've been gluten free for about 5 months now, and felt really well for the last month. I still get sick sometimes, seemingly out of no where/after eating foods that should be totally safe and I am starting to feel absolutely insane and I feel like I also sound insane when I tell people that I think I probably feel sick because my roommate cut bread on our plastic cutting board about a month ago.

I didn't think the cc from sharing cooking stuff was bothering me, and I am still sort of in denial about it because it seems like a huge pain in the ass. Its not like I feel constantly sick, but every once in a while I'll feel realllly awful without any changes in my diet at all (i've been eating as fresh and clean as possible, and 5 months in I am pretty adept at reading labels, so I don't think its to do with that), so I am starting to wonder if I am getting ill from using the same kitchen things as my gluten eating roommates.

But if I was wouldn't I be more apparently ill? Or is it possible for it to just cause random flare ups? Is it because I am still pretty new to the whole gluten free thing? I am not a celiac, but have a pretty strong gluten intolerance.

I just feel unable to trust my body at all and I am at the point where I am considering replacing everything I regularly use in the kitchen just because I am confused and annoyed with my body.

I sort of answered you on your other thread but didn't know about the gluten eating roommates.

Maybe the roommates are cleaning the pots and pans better sometimes than other times? Maybe not everything they cook has gluten?

I sort of answered you on your other thread but didn't know about the gluten eating roommate.

Maybe the roommates are cleaning the pots and pans better sometimes than other times? Maybe not everything they cook has gluten?

I am sure not everything they are cooking has gluten, maybe the solution is just to really thoroughly clean any pan before I use it and then buy new versions of hard to clean things for just me to use. Thanks for your help on my other thread too. I am posting kinda crazy right now.